RIP Tim Magliozzi of NPR's Car Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was the most appropriate forum for this post. Sorry if it's not directly on topic. As many of you may know from today's news, long time radio host Tom Magliozzi, that Cambridge MA car nut with the car repair shop and good sense of humor, has died.

I'm only a DIYer and backyard mechanic, but over many years I've both laughed a lot and learned a lot listening to Click and Clack, the Tappet brothers, on National Public Radio. And the popularity isn't limited to the baby boomer generation, because my grandson even listens to the show.

Don't know if the show will continue, but I know I'll miss Tom's laughter, humor and automotive tips.

Sad indeed. They've been retired for a while now. The shows have been old material since 2012. It's a big money maker for NPR, so I imagine they'll continue for some time.

His laugh will be missed.
Now we know why they retired 2 years ago...unfortunately it was Alzheimer's disease that silenced that raucous jokester.
I haven't been able to listen to the shows for a while now,knowing they aren't new,and are obviously very dated...but I awaited that laugh,and that made it all seem new.

The Tappet Brothers: one of the very few good things to originate from National Propaganda Radio.

Rest in peace, Tom. And thanks for the mechanical insight and the laughs.

Terrible news indeed... My favorite NPR show. I'd listen every weekend to it and then Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

"Don't drive like my brother" "and don't drive like my brother" -Click & Clack

Originally Posted By: dkryan
The Tappet Brothers: one of the very few good things to originate from National Propaganda Radio.

Rest in peace, Tom. And thanks for the mechanical insight and the laughs.

Did the politics really have to be brought into this??
confused.gif

No politics. Fact. It was one of the few good things on NPR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back