Tom and Ray of Car Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I learned from them is Wurth HHS-K for door hinges (which was HHS-2000 when they talked about it). I still d/l their podcasts though.

A good combination of learning and entertainment is Eric O on YouTube.

For a different program:

John McElroy covers auto industry news, though he's getting on in years.

The old KPFK Car Show was better than the current one, the older one having Len Frank and being 2 hours in length.

Cars became both much more reliable to work on and more out of the hands of the DIY.
None of my coworkers or friends DIY their cars.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I was lucky enough to be listening one morning when a guy named John called in about his "government vehicle" that would run rough, then smooth, and then, wouldn't start...

I first heard it on a 'best of' CD. I'm surprised how fast they caught on, and then even remembered the guy. Hope they got their $5.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
John from Houston:

That was super!
thumbsup2.gif

I found Inside Automotive with Ed Wallace while living in Dallas. He airs on KLIF AM 570 Saturday mornings 8AM-1PM CST. I listened to him for 10 years before moving to Ohio. I now listed to him whenever I can on I Heart Radio. A lot of car talk, but also he does "Backside of American History" which is the untold stories of some of what really happened in this country. Very informative!

Ed Wallace Inside Automotive

You can tell something's off with the show when the caller has a 1986 Nissan Stanza with 47k miles and they heard a clunk on the way to the video store, so went looking for a pay phone, then bought $5 worth of gas an a can of R12 freon.

if click and clack was payed by the number of bad jokes they would be millionaires.

Listened to them for many an hour back in the day and loved every minute of it. Sad to be losing so many of those who gave me so much entertainment through the years.

I lost interest when they went on a crusade against high horsepower cars- it was sparked by their test drive of the "too powerful" 1999 M roadster- which struggled to run the quarter mile in the low fourteen second range. Some rocket sled.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
I lost interest when they went on a crusade against high horsepower cars- it was sparked by their test drive of the "too powerful" 1999 M roadster- which struggled to run the quarter mile in the low fourteen second range. Some rocket sled.

Was that the one with the "unconscionable horsepower to weight ratio"?

Originally Posted By: PSS
Originally Posted By: MCompact

Was that the one with the "unconscionable horsepower to weight ratio"?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back