RIP Gary Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad indeed. He was one of my favorite contributors. I probably can make the service and will give regrets from the entire BITOG family.

ref

frown.gif
A good husband and father, and all-around decent man.
He will be greatly missed...

I just talked to Gary's son. He invited the members of BITOG to the funeral. He said the family would love to meet his father's internet friends. If you live close by please consider going because it would mean more to the family than you will ever know. If anyone wants his phone number please PM me.

Helen

I have been a long-time lurker here before I joined up as a member. I thoroughly enjoyed Mr. Allan's sharp wit and command of the English language. He was a very intelligent man and his posts were always food for thought. He will be missed. Prayers go out to the Allan family.

Sorry to hear, RIP Gary. I notice he didn't post much lately might had thought something was happening. Sorry to hear...prayers to his love ones.

In a lucky search, I happened to find Gary’s obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pottsmerc/obituary.aspx?n=gary-allan&pid=150194522

Website for the designated charity, a homeless shelter:

http://besidestillwaters.net/mainstreet/index.html

Here is the full text of the obituary, since it may not reside on their website forever:

Gary Allan Sr. | Visit Guest Book

Gary L. Allan Sr., husband of Joyce C. (Kendig) Allan, of Pottstown, died Friday, April 8, 2011 in his home. Born in Attleboro, Mass., he was the son of the late George and Bernice (Haskel) Allan. He worked for the Crompton and Knowles Chemical Dye Company in Gibraltar, Pa. Mr. Allan also did consulting work for the Auto RX Company in Florida. He was a dealer for Amsoil in Pottstown. Mr. Allan was a volunteer for the Main Street Ministries in Pottstown for many years. He wrote several articles on the editorial page and was a guest columnist for the Pottstown Mercury. He was a devoted father and grandfather.

In addition to his wife of 30 years, Mr. Allan is survived by three children; Gary L. Allan, Jr., husband of Heather (Yost) Allan, of Pottstown, Kimberly M., life partner of Jesse Allen, of Skippack, Madison M. Allan, of Pottstown, five grandchildren; Gary, III, Kaylee, Emma, Summer and Chase.

Relatives and friends are invited to attend the memorial service at the Cattermole – Klotzbach Funeral Home, 600 Washington St., Royersford, on Friday morning, April 15, 2011 at 11 a.m. Officiating will be the Rev. Kork L. Moyer. Burial will be held privately in the Allan family plot in Massachusetts. Friends will be received from 10 to 11 a.m., Friday morning at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made in his name to the "Main Street Ministries," 256 S. Hanover St., Pottstown, PA 19465. Condolences may be made and the video tribute may be viewed by visiting www.RoyersfordFuneralHome.com.

Published in The Mercury on April 11, 2011

RIP Gary....you will be missed. He was one of the first guys that I PM'ed with, and he was always witty but very friendly.

Good thoughts and prayers for your family.

Oh my God.

This is one of those moments in life that actually made me gasp out loud.

RIP Gary.....and thank you for all of the knowledge which you imparted on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back