visit with Bob Winters

Status
Not open for further replies.
While in Florida recently I took the time out of a busy schedule to head from Tampa to Jax Beach and find out for myself just how Bob was doing.

He wanted me to share a bit about that and I have some personal views to share too.

First Bob is coming back and fighting hard to recover. I enjoyed watching him do two sessions of physical therapy and what a blessing to see the improvement over what in October 2003 was a debilitating stroke and subsequent mennigitis that had him in a coma. Reading and pressing the keys on the computer are just around the corner !

Prayer and grit are winning. I want to thank Bobs Wife,daughters and specifically Ed P. and his wife Elaine who are EVERY DAY driving and helping Bob and family get through this. YES ED P IS REAL !!! A retired USN Chief Petty Officer and a Godsend to the Winters Family. Pretty sharp mechanically too !

Bob is wearing a eye patch ( alternating to correct the double vision) and a pretty sharp looking beard. I thought maybe he was prepping for a Harley ride to Sturgis soon
wink.gif

We enjoyed a BBQ lunch at Bonos that was excellent and while Bob is still relying on a wheel chair he uses the walker pretty well during therapy.

Bob asked me to thank everyone of you who have prayed, sent emails, cards, etc. of encouragement.

He appreciates the Moderators of this board for their unselfish work to keep things moving in a positive fashion. You are not forgotten.

He made it clear to me that David in Roxboro, NC and Ray Allen are the final word on what is to go on at BITOG and he has entrusted them to do the right thing while he recuperates.

Bob mentioned that site supporters like me, need to stay up on their annual contributions, this site is not free ! Without us the board would not exist. Follow Frank Millers lead at Auto-RX !

Meeting with Bob after a year from our last visit was a blessing and encouraging to both of us.

I want to add that Bob has not had much income since October and the donations mentioned under that thread are not only encouraged but are,IMHO a NEED. The address is listed there.A lot of us talk a good game but when it comes to friends in need money talks and Bull .... walks. Thats me speaking, not Bob, but it is the truth.

If you have enjoyed this site as much as I read from comments in the threads, let Bob know it in a tangible way.

Bobs memory and mind are sharp and his body is right behind.

Terry Dyson

[ February 07, 2004, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

Wow - so glad there are folks geographically close to help Bob out, and glad there are folks all over the earth thinking and praying for Bob!

Our family is going through a similar issue and it can be really hard on the care givers, I can tell you.

Thanks Terry for this update. Glad to see Bob is recovering.
cheers.gif

I am really happy to hear that Bob is getting better. And I appreciate everybody who takes the time and effort to find out how things are going with him.

Thanks for posting this Terry, it's good to hear our good friend is on his way to a great recovery.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back