respraying a car in canada

anyone have a recommendation for either a business or moonlight paint shop ? im located in sk canada but have yet to find a place to paint complete cars for less then a fortune or do partial resprays.
everybody wants insurance work and doesnt want to paint older cars

remember the days of the 750 macco job.

same thing in Quebec. they only want to do insurance jobs. because it pays 8 to 10 times more. i had a cracked fender repaired for 100 dollars. all the other places wanted 800 to 1000 dollars for the same job. and even the shop who used to do my repairs and painting only want insurance jobs now.

anyone have a recommendation for either a business or moonlight paint shop ? im located in sk canada but have yet to find a place to paint complete cars for less then a fortune or do partial resprays.
everybody wants insurance work and doesnt want to paint older cars

remember the days of the 750 macco job.
yeah... just a few months back, I had to have the front bumper resprayed.... 1600...but insurance covered all but $100...

I've given up trying to find a bargain paint shop here in South Florida. The sun bakes the paint and on some "cheaper models" the clear coat peels within a few years if left outside.

I do it myself now. Tolerating the bugs, dust and what not.

I did this clear re-coat for a friend a while back: Took about an hour to do the hood and trunk. Quite a rush job. But far better than before.
Plenty of gorgeous Orange Peel by the windshield squirters, but otherwise, it came out OK for the modest cost of a pint of clear coat.

QJhZJre.jpg

mAPFokh.jpg

ummm.... vocational/trade school maybe? at least down here they charge way less in hourly labor rate.....
Next to impossible to commission work there. I’ve contacted the local schools multiple times.

I've given up trying to find a bargain paint shop here in South Florida. The sun bakes the paint and on some "cheaper models" the clear coat peels within a few years if left outside.

I do it myself now. Tolerating the bugs, dust and what not.

I did this clear re-coat for a friend a while back: Took about an hour to do the hood and trunk. Quite a rush job. But far better than before.
Plenty of gorgeous Orange Peel by the windshield squirters, but otherwise, it came out OK for the modest cost of a pint of clear coat.
looks good , i wish i could diy but without a paint booth or what have you its not feasible to do a complete respray on these cars.

d6338c78-0f99-42dd-9dc9-153bc3c813c7.jpg

Back