Replacement windshield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Just recently I replaced the windshield on the Mazda 3. It is also a pilkington. It came with a windshield wiper sensor and so far it works like the original one.

Seriously? When I got mine replaced, it came with the mounting bracket for the rain sensor, but the sensor itself remained firmly attached to the wiring harness in the upper console.

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Just recently I replaced the windshield on the Mazda 3. It is also a pilkington. It came with a windshield wiper sensor and so far it works like the original one.

Seriously? When I got mine replaced, it came with the mounting bracket for the rain sensor, but the sensor itself remained firmly attached to the wiring harness in the upper console.

No, it's the sensor even though it looks like a bracket. On non OEM replacements you have to remove it from your old windshield and glue it back on to the new one. If the installer didn't have to do that, then the new windshield came with the sensor.

To add to my comment above, here is a picture of the sensor or maybe thit's just a pad with the lenses that the sensor uses. In any case, the cheap aftermarket windshileds do not have that pad and it has to be removed from the original one. This can mess up the auto wiper operation.

100215.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back