Replaced injectors and replaced engine oil too (engine knock)

Vehicle 2008 BMW 135i 150k original miles and original owner. This is very embarassing for me, but here we go....
Two of my injectors were clogged. I replaced all 6 of them per bulletin and coded them. Then I replaced my oil to a new oil called Liqui Molly (see pic). Previous oil was Castrol Edge euro formula. After I did the oil change I started the car up and heard some bad knocking. This car has been maintained very well by me and I was shocked to hear this noise. After 2 drives I decided to go back and put fresh oil in of the Castrol Edge oil no more knocking from engine after that. When I dumped the Liqui Molly i checked the drain plug magnet and no metals found. I ordered this oil from FCP euro, because my car came with bmw 5w 30 from the factory. when I looked up the oil on FCP euro it states its not applicable for my car. :( Did i do damage? Knocking wasnt always consistant, sometimes it was noticable and sometimes less noticable.

Sample video of the knocking

oil.jpg

Does not sound like a rod knock to me. Can't imagine the 5w-30 would do this over a 5w-40. There has to be something else to this.

Hmmmmmmmm - 2 variables changed in the experiment .................. of the 2 the oil is the least ikely to have caused this imo.

Injectors - new? - coded properly? - calibrated properly? ................... my guess is the answer lies here - calibration profiles contained in the injector codes possibly did not match actual mechanical performance so ECU needed a bit of driving hot and cold to use its intelligence and adjust (adapt) to what is actually happening by using the A/F (O2) readings ..................... guessing ECU will be able to tell you about this if you look at compensation values

I don't think it's engine bearings either. Sounds more like valve train noise. The Legend does this on cold starts after it's been sitting for a while (4-5 days). It goes away after a minute or so.

Disa valve? Vanos?

I don’t know but that is LOUD. Almost sounds like something is bent or broken in the valve train.

Sounds a bit like a diesel. What’s the condition and status of your hpfp? You opened the system, perhaps there is air trapped someplace?

Back