repair old or cut losses? 2004 hyundai elantra...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: MarkM66
Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
new radiator is only around $100 parts and you can replace it in the parking lot with a ratchet in 1 hour.

[start repeat post]
Guys,
this was done in november last year. I posted about it.
is done and working well.

Thank you for the interest.
[/end repeat post]

I say repair it. Use a piece of chewed bubble gum.

Sorry, had to..
laugh.gif

i have 3 pieces of hubba bubba in my drawer from 2 halloween's ago. will these work?
do I need to send them to Blackstone for a VOA first? me thinks drowning them in beer may change and improve theyr sticking properties....

no, I recommend "big league chew" bubblegum. Far more sticky when moist, yet bullet-proof when hardened

Originally Posted By: supton
What tipped you into selling? More repairs, or just time?

While i used for 7 years, probably first reason is I got tired of it. (but thank you for the service Red "Sour Cherry"!!!)
now a few things from the butt-dyno:
- smell in the ac (moldy/mildew kind): probably need to really really clean the ac lines or replace them
- a few quirks at small speed (5-15 MPH) in Chicago "stuck-and-go" traffic: sometimes late at changing 1-2, sometime changing with small hickup (guess some motor mount needed change?): either software update (for 1-2 hickup change), either spIII conventional ATF (too thick at cold-ish temp), either maybe another failure on the way
- a few time on the highway i had to pull back on right lane/or shoulder to not became windshield-splat: will not change to higher speed with me really pedal-to-the-floor
- probably from the sounds, should have some suspension work on the way (Chicago pot-holes)
- some scratches and smells from me using it for some projects

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
...sometimes the right car comes along and ya gotta say good-bye

Finally, somebody that gets my point :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back