Removing moss and lichens

I purchased an older Volvo road tractor that has been used very little in the last 10 years. It is covered with green/black junk and lichens from sitting. What products have you had success with in removing this kind of stuff from a parked vehicle? I have a high pressure steam/hot pressure washer at my disposal. Paint isn't in the best of shape to begin with so finish isn't as much of a concern. In the past I just used Dawn with a splash of bleach and scrubbed and scrubbed. This thing has a lot of square feet to cover so I'm looking for some chemical help. I do have a Chemical Guys nearby if needed.

You may need more than a little splash of bleach but it will kill the mold and lichen and restore what color is left, just dont let it sit in the sun where it could dry out. Keep the area wet with the solution for 5 min and then rinse well and move to the next section. On RV rubber trim that gets the black mold nothing will remove it but bleach. You have to rinse it well and put a protective coating on like wax because it strips everything from the surface.

You may need more than a little splash of bleach but it will kill the mold and lichen and restore what color is left, just dont let it sit in the sun where it could dry out. Keep the area wet with the solution for 5 min and then rinse well and move to the next section. On RV rubber trim that gets the black mold nothing will remove it but bleach. You have to rinse it well and put a protective coating on like wax because it strips everything from the surface.
You still have your MH Sam?

I’m seeing some sites recommend 1 cup bleach to 1 gallon of water on car paint. Would you agree?

I had lichens on a tree and found I was able to wash most of them off with the garden hose using high pressure.
It may help to soak with water first / then high pressure them off.

Your moss is another problem.
Nurseries do sell a Moss Killer.

You still have your MH Sam?
No I got her all cleaned up and sold last summer. I was sorry to see it go but I had not used it for 12 or 13 mos and the prices were going crazy. Still took a bit of a loss but it went to the first person to come see it. Less than 4 days from post to gone. Since this March I have been real thankful that I sold when I did.

No I got her all cleaned up and sold last summer. I was sorry to see it go but I had not used it for 12 or 13 mos and the prices were going crazy. Still took a bit of a loss but it went to the first person to come see it. Less than 4 days from post to gone. Since this March I have been real thankful that I sold when I did.
That’s great. By waiting you hit a hot mar. It took me a year to sell mine. Was lucky enough to get the loan payoff which was all I wanted. I had the most insane people that looked at it. A nice just retired couple from Sparrows Point boughtbbd it. They had lost several thousand dollars on a scam. You’ve seen the ones on Craig’s list for a Mercedes diesel class c real cheap.

That’s great. By waiting you hit a hot mar. It took me a year to sell mine. Was lucky enough to get the loan payoff which was all I wanted. I had the most insane people that looked at it. A nice just retired couple from Sparrows Point boughtbbd it. They had lost several thousand dollars on a scam. You’ve seen the ones on Craig’s list for a Mercedes diesel class c real cheap.
That is a shame but when someone is selling something for 20% of its value alarm bells should be going off. I had a few crazy emails from people offering 50% of the posted price and one lady that wanted me to hold it for 2 week until she could come look at it but without any deposit.

Back