Remote Transmission Filter Kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad has a 2008 GMC Acadia and this thing has a non-serviceable transmission filter, in fact it does not even have a pan! Just a drain plug. I try to keep the intervals short since its easy to change but with no filter that is only going to do so much.

Anyway I came across this online and thought it would be a good idea?
B&M 80277 Universal Remote Transmission Filter Kit
17130046_bnm_80277_pri_detl.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with these things? Does anyone know if its compatible with any transmission or only certain kinds?

Not to put a damper on your really good idea but this vehicle has issues that a filter wont address.
These transmissions have wave plate failures at an alarming rate, requiring a total rebuild.
I wouldn't bother with an external filter on this unit, it has a large one inside that will outlive the unit even if the wave plate doesn't fail.

Change the Dex VI every 50K and forget it.

I have used them a few times over the years. I currently have one on my Dakota. It's kinda fun getting to choose the oil filter for the transmission but other than that I'm not sure how much life they will add. Another option for you is the Magnefine filter. It's a small in line transmission filter that seems to work well and take up less space.

No kit needed. Its a ph8a sized oil filter and remote mount with some hose/barbs/clamps.

Permacool/hayden/derale... have similar kits.

The extra quart of capacity should help reduce average temps and spikes.

Magnefine filter is another option.

I have two remote mounts like the one you have posted, mounted on my Chevy Cavalier. One for the transmission fluid and one for the power steering fluid. I change out the filters every 10,000-12,000 miles. I do notice that my power steering fluid stays clear versus when no filter was installed on the power steering return line. I use Purolator filters on my mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back