Remanufacture PCM's?

Are there any company's out there with good reviews? We need a replacement PCM but I don't know where to go after reading so many complaints about most of these company's.

I do lot of ECM/PCMs and have used several companies, junkyard, ebay and other sources. I can say that Flashmasters has been the best in standing behind their units. They sell online and ebay. The worse is Cardone BY FAR! It usually takes 2 units to get a good one...sometimes 3!

I do lot of ECM/PCMs and have used several companies, junkyard, ebay and other sources. I can say that Flashmasters has been the best in standing behind their units. They sell online and ebay. The worse is Cardone BY FAR! It usually takes 2 units to get a good one...sometimes 3!
Yeah I ordered a Flashmasters on ebay. Seems ok although it's way more sensitive to misfires than the old unit.

I only tried it because their ebay fb was near perfect.

Thanks everyone, this gives me something to work with. I will give Flashmasters a call on Monday and see what they have to offer.
This is for an 05 PT Cruiser turbo and automatic.

I would also try inquiring on a make/model specific forum. Often times, you're not the only one that is/has been searching for a reputable electronics rebuilder.

Are there any company's out there with good reviews? We need a replacement PCM but I don't know where to go after reading so many complaints about most of these company's.
Before buying a new PCM, exhaust every possible alternative. Many times a PCM is condemned but it is a sensor or other component sending false information to it. Garbage in, garbage out. Not saying that is the case but did you check for updates to software, etc? Was a $20 scanner or $2000 scanner used?

The car seems to run fine but the check engine light came on solid a few days ago. We took the car to our local Chrysler dealer and they retrieved codes P1603 and 1604. They said this indicated an internal PCM module failure and suggested replacing the PCM.

Contact THIS GUY:

You need to catch leaking caps before they eat into the multi-layered PCB.

Check this out:

LScowboyLS is still doing repairs for us that refuse to give up on the LS400.

Yeah I ordered a Flashmasters on ebay. Seems ok although it's way more sensitive to misfires than the old unit.

I only tried it because their ebay fb was near perfect.
They are not perfect but they have consistently taken care of me when issues arose. One time the PCM they sent was programmed with the wrong VIN. They had another sent immediately and didn't even ask for the other one back. Another time I was getting an issue that my diagnostics pointed to a bad PCM - I had to buy another locally so my customer could have their car back quickly - they refunded my money no questions asked. Those were 2 issues I had vs about 30-40 good dealings so I that is why I recommended them.

Before buying a new PCM, exhaust every possible alternative. Many times a PCM is condemned but it is a sensor or other component sending false information to it. Garbage in, garbage out. Not saying that is the case but did you check for updates to software, etc? Was a $20 scanner or $2000 scanner used?

I would normally say the same thing, But it is a PT Cruiser.....

I code used older Chrysler PCM's using my Autel with good success. If this cars been "Tuned".....Internal PCM errors can happen.

OP, Does the vehicle run & okay otherwise??

I code used older Chrysler PCM's using my Autel with good success. If this cars been "Tuned".....Internal PCM errors can happen.

Yes, the car seems to run perfectly normal. The only problem is the steady on check engine light. We are the original owners, the car is completely stock and the codes are P1603 and 1604.

Yes, the car seems to run perfectly normal. The only problem is the steady on check engine light. We are the original owners, the car is completely stock and the codes are P1603 and 1604.
This feels like an electrical tape fix..... :D

I have to learn how to do that, I have an upper end Autel and love it.

I have an old Autel AL309 code reader and it displayed code P0613 TCM Processor.

These are the codes and description from the dealer.

Scan.jpeg

Thank you for this, I found what you said about Flashmasters to be completely accurate.

I ordered a PCM from them on 5/15 and received it in CA on 5/17. Unfortunately upon installation it showed a check engine light and 2 different codes than what the dealer had found in our original PCM, P0031 and 0037. Both are related to heated oxygen sensor circuits.

I called Flashmasters early the next morning and they shipped another PCM out the same day so we didn't have to wait for them to receive the defective one back. The replacement PCM is working perfectly with no trouble codes or check engine light.

Back