Remanufacture PCM's?

Yeah I ordered a Flashmasters on ebay. Seems ok although it's way more sensitive to misfires than the old unit.

I only tried it because their ebay fb was near perfect.

It's funny that you mentioned your replacement PCM being more sensitive to misfires. Our replacement PCM has been working fine until yesterday when the check engine light started flashing for a short time. The trouble code was for a cylinder 3 misfire. The plugs only have 13k miles on them but the plug wires have 60k which is the recommended replacement interval.

I've ordered a new set of wires and keeping my fingers crossed that's the problem and not an issue with the PCM.

Thank you for this, I found what you said about Flashmasters to be completely accurate.

I ordered a PCM from them on 5/15 and received it in CA on 5/17. Unfortunately upon installation it showed a check engine light and 2 different codes than what the dealer had found in our original PCM, P0031 and 0037. Both are related to heated oxygen sensor circuits.

I called Flashmasters early the next morning and they shipped another PCM out the same day so we didn't have to wait for them to receive the defective one back. The replacement PCM is working perfectly with no trouble codes or check engine light.

What did that cost?

What did that cost?

The PCM was $500.00 with no core charge but they do include a return shipping label. I returned both our original PCM and the first replacement one that was throwing trouble codes.

The PCM was $500.00 with no core charge but they do include a return shipping label. I returned both our original PCM and the first replacement one that was throwing trouble codes.
Obligatory:
dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

Seriously, that seems really expensive!!!

Back