Redpocket Verizon Review

Thanks again-Your posts are always well researched and written. Wife and I got T-Mobile unlimited at $60 for two lines. Unlimited maybe a bit much for our use, so looking for a a cheaper alternative by using less unneeded high speed data. 5 gigs/month may be enough

Check out Mint Mobile. Uses the T-Mobile network and has some very competitive plans. T-Mobile also has some prepaid plans you may want to check out.

Thanks again-Your posts are always well researched and written. Wife and I got T-Mobile unlimited at $60 for two lines. Unlimited maybe a bit much for our use, so looking for a a cheaper alternative by using less unneeded high speed data. 5 gigs/month may be enough
Thats a decent price for high speed unlimited. Most providers have increase their high speed by a substantial amount. For example our ATT Redpocket has increased over the years from 5GB per line to now 10GB.

Yeah, if you dont watch movies on your cell phone 5Gb will be enough and with 10GB you will never, ever, run out of high speed data.
Anyway you can check out Redpocket TMobile service. It will be $50 a month actual payment for two lines. (click on family plan)

You could also try the 3GB of high speed data for $39 for two lines. I suspect the 3GB might be too little but maybe not, too many people overpay for data they dont use. If it was too little all one would have to do is upgrade the the $50 plan a month later.

ITS REALLY IMPORTANT TO KNOW, THE PRICES ABOVE IS THE ACTUAL PAYMENT and DON NOT ADD ON TAXES AND FEES.
That drives me nuts, another thing that we do as a nation, we allow companies to advertise to us a price that is impossible to actually get. They add on COMPANY fee's and that should tell people enough already, why would you do business with a lying cheating company? Advertise a price and they just pay down and accept you cant get that price because fee's will be added on?

Its not your phone,

Visible CAPS their data speed to a max of 12 Mbps.

Redpocket ATT does not cap your speed and I provided the speed test I did on page 1 of this thread where I got over 50Mbps on my iPhone XR
I cant comment for Redpocket TMobile or Redpocket Verizon cause I dont have it but suspect you wont find capped speeds there either.

Source = https://www.visible.com/help/data-speeds

"What kind of network speed will I get with Visible?​

We’re built for life on the go, which means you’ll typically experience 4G LTE* Network download speeds of 5-12Mbps and upload speeds of 2-5Mbps".

This is the speed test I used and use for all things internet = https://www.att.com/support/speedtest/
Much better speeds using an unlocked LG k31. iPhone se 1st gen couldn't get past 13/1.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210502-111220.jpg
    Screenshot_20210502-111220.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 11
i think many buyers with deep pockets just dont care if something costs too much. but myself like other average joes watch what things cost so theres $$$$ for other necessities + toys. we all are different + view expenditures differently + i appreciate all i learn from others + even my present $8 month + tax etc from ATT could be $10 +tax etc for 3 month from an MVNO. i talk only when needed thats it!!! but looking to be able to send pics when needed, something not allowed on my plan since i got a smart phone. as well noted by alarm guy why pay for something you rarely use, so checking into pay as you go for data-pics as well as minimal talk time. again thanks to all as i continue to learn

i think many buyers with deep pockets just dont care if something costs too much. but myself like other average joes watch what things cost so theres $$$$ for other necessities + toys. we all are different + view expenditures differently
So true....I've told several people how they can save on there phone bill but they never changed carriers. oh well

Thats a decent price for high speed unlimited. Most providers have increase their high speed by a substantial amount. For example our ATT Redpocket has increased over the years from 5GB per line to now 10GB.

Yeah, if you dont watch movies on your cell phone 5Gb will be enough and with 10GB you will never, ever, run out of high speed data.
Anyway you can check out Redpocket TMobile service. It will be $50 a month actual payment for two lines. (click on family plan)

You could also try the 3GB of high speed data for $39 for two lines. I suspect the 3GB might be too little but maybe not, too many people overpay for data they dont use. If it was too little all one would have to do is upgrade the the $50 plan a month later.

ITS REALLY IMPORTANT TO KNOW, THE PRICES ABOVE IS THE ACTUAL PAYMENT and DON NOT ADD ON TAXES AND FEES.
That drives me nuts, another thing that we do as a nation, we allow companies to advertise to us a price that is impossible to actually get. They add on COMPANY fee's and that should tell people enough already, why would you do business with a lying cheating company? Advertise a price and they just pay down and accept you cant get that price because fee's will be added on?
I've had Redpocket for almost a year now .... so I need to renew in a few weeks . How do you go about purchasing another annual plan ?

I've had Redpocket for almost a year now .... so I need to renew in a few weeks . How do you go about purchasing another annual plan ?
I dont know we had RedPocket ATT monthly family autopay service. Actual monthly payment was $70 for all three lines, 10 gb high speed per line ect ect ...
I still recommend Red Pocket to anyone, however after MANY years we just switched to TMobile only because of a killer deal for two new iPhone 13s at no cost expect to turn in our old phones AND great price on service for 55+ magenta plan.

I'm in the same situation. From my investigation it appears that this is the procedure:

1. Purchase your annual sub on ebay. You select the plan & carrier and can specify if it's a renewal (no new sim card). You can elect to recieve the sim card and not use it. After the purchase you will be emailed an activation code and the sim card will be sent via USPS. Don't purchase the plan more than 30 days before the current one expires.

2. Log in to your Redpocket account and there is a selection for entering the activation code. It is said that if it's the same carrier & plan it will add on to your existing expiration date. If you are adding a different plan, the expiration will be 365 days from the day you enter the code. In my case I have purchased a plan, which has a smaller data allowance, and will add the code a day or two before the current one expires (I'll lose a day or two).

I made my ebay purchase a couple of weeks ago but haven't added the new activation yet, so keep that in mind. There's always the online chat or phone call with customer support route.

Edited to add link: https://help.redpocket.com/how-does...month-plans-3-month-6-month-12-month-24-month

And the ebay activation code *might* be good for 90 days.

Last edited:
I'm in the same situation. From my investigation it appears that this is the procedure:

1. Purchase your annual sub on ebay. You select the plan & carrier and can specify if it's a renewal (no new sim card). You can elect to recieve the sim card and not use it. After the purchase you will be emailed an activation code and the sim card will be sent via USPS. Don't purchase the plan more than 30 days before the current one expires.

2. Log in to your Redpocket account and there is a selection for entering the activation code. It is said that if it's the same carrier & plan it will add on to your existing expiration date. If you are adding a different plan, the expiration will be 365 days from the day you enter the code. In my case I have purchased a plan, which has a smaller data allowance, and will add the code a day or two before the current one expires (I'll lose a day or two).

I made my ebay purchase a couple of weeks ago but haven't added the new activation yet, so keep that in mind. There's always the online chat or phone call with customer support route.

Edited to add link: https://help.redpocket.com/how-does...month-plans-3-month-6-month-12-month-24-month

And the ebay activation code *might* be good for 90 days.
3. You can log in to your Red Pocket account and purchase it there.
Something you should know about purchasing from eBay and adding it to your Red Pocket account, you need to wait until very near the expiration date (or on the same day) to activate because when you enter the activation code you received from eBay, your account will reset to expire ON THAT DAY next year. In other words, if you enter the activation code in your account 3 weeks before last year's expires, you will lose 3 weeks of service that you already paid for. If you contact them they will give it back, but it is a PITA to have to do this. I have been fussing with them for a couple of years about this and they still haven't fixed their website, likely because they pickup a little extra profit by doing this.
I would have gone ahead and purchased from within Red Pocket's website (it is the same price as eBay), except I discovered that Red Pocket is in the habit of giving substantial discounts on eBay a couple of weeks before Christmas (I guess as a Christmas gift to customers). For example, a couple of years ago I got the $360/year plan for only $260, and last year for $300. Red Pocket gives you 90 days to activate after an eBay purchase.

I would have gone ahead and purchased from within Red Pocket's website (it is the same price as eBay), except I discovered that Red Pocket is in the habit of giving substantial discounts on eBay a couple of weeks before Christmas (I guess as a Christmas gift to customers). For example, a couple of years ago I got the $360/year plan for only $260, and last year for $300. Red Pocket gives you 90 days to activate after an eBay purchase.
And that's kind of a "rub". With my sub ending at the first of Sept., those seasonal discounts (with 90 days to use them) don't help.

I've seen some online with same issue of losing time with ebay resubs, but also some who claim it stacked and they didn't lose anything.

And that's kind of a "rub". With my sub ending at the first of Sept., those seasonal discounts (with 90 days to use them) don't help.

I've seen some online with same issue of losing time with ebay resubs, but also some who claim it stacked and they didn't lose anything.
You could go on their website and pay month to month until the seasonal discount shows up on eBay. Even then, there is no guarantee that they will even offer a Christmas discount.
In two years, my eBay re-subs didn't stack and I had to fuss at them to give my time back (which they did without issue). Maybe they flag eBay re-subs that are purchased at a discount.

3. You can log in to your Red Pocket account and purchase it there.
To get another year of service, yes... I found that out last night. But to get Redpocket service for the first time......... I think Ebay is the only way to get a SIM afaik

But to get Redpocket service for the first time......... I think Ebay is the only way to get a SIM afaik
Negative. You don't have to use eBay to purchase Red Pocket service (new or old customer). You can do everything from their website. New customers can choose "Bring my own phone" and they will send you a SIM.

Last edited:
Negative. You don't have to use eBay to purchase Red Pocket service (new or old customer). You can do everything from their website. New customers can choose "Bring my own phone" and they will send you a SIM.
The $8.25 Annual Plan I have is an Ebay Exclusive

I just wanted to add some additional info for new Redpocket customers . RP just notified/ texted me that my annual plan will expire in 14 days .

I swapped RedPocketMobile for Verizon Welcome Unlimited now with 4 lines. Redpocket was terrible at porting my daughters phone number. A 1hr call with Verizon wireless and being on hold with Redpocket customer service got it ported to a Verizon.

^^ That^^
I never used Ebay to buy Red Pocket service, I signed up on their website and did a monthly autopay family plan, cost was $70 actual payment for three lines and used it for many, many years, enjoyed fantastic service for maybe 5 years or so.

Due to a killer deal T Mobile offered me I recently moved over the them but I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to Redpocket and maybe one day will be back to them after my TMobile deal ends.

^^ That^^
I never used Ebay to buy Red Pocket service, I signed up on their website and did a monthly autopay family plan, cost was $70 actual payment for three lines and used it for many, many years, enjoyed fantastic service for maybe 5 years or so.

Due to a killer deal T Mobile offered me I recently moved over the them but I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to Redpocket and maybe one day will be back to them after my TMobile deal ends.
I believe the 1-yr (annual) prepaid plans were only available via ebay. The RP page for those actually linked to ebay. Apparently this has changed fairly recently.

The higher (unlimited texts and minutes) annual plans are sold direct the website for new customers or renewal, but there doesn't seem to be a way to choose a network other than AT&T there.

Back