Redpocket Verizon Review

For clarity purposes, visible is $25 a month only if you connect four lines. For one line it’s $40 a month.
With red pocket we use a ATT, granted you get 10 GB of high-speed per line instead of unlimited though none of us ever needed more, unlimited low speed, tethering, unlimited text and talk, and the full speed of the network.
Meaning you’re not limited in speed like with straight talk, visible I think you get full speed too.
We pay actual cost, $70 a month for 3 lines on the red pocket service. One line would be 30 and each additional line is 20. Visabke would be $90, again if you choose ATT.
No one gets a single line, tons of forums have the codes necessary to join others on their Visible’s Party plan; everyone is billed separately. Plus with Visible if you BYOP, you get $100 after two months of service. Bringing you first year of truly unlimited service down to $200 while maintaining the ability to jump to another service after the two month mark to take advantage of phone discounts.

I personally switch between Red Pocket, Visible, and Xfinity Mobile pretty frequently to take advantage of BYOP discounts. So far, my iPhone X, which I bought the month it was released has cost me a net of $547 with tax for the hardware with an average of sub $19/month for my service. That’s why I will never lock myself down to a annual plan with Red Pocket. If you are willing to go through the minor hassle of porting your number every 3-6 months, you can really rack up the points.

No one gets a single line, tons of forums have the codes necessary to join others on their Visible’s Party plan; everyone is billed separately. Plus with Visible if you BYOP, you get $100 after two months of service. Bringing you first year of truly unlimited service down to $200 while maintaining the ability to jump to another service after the two month mark to take advantage of phone discounts.

I personally switch between Red Pocket, Visible, and Xfinity Mobile pretty frequently to take advantage of BYOP discounts. So far, my iPhone X, which I bought the month it was released has cost me a net of $547 with tax for the hardware with an average of sub $19/month for my service. That’s why I will never lock myself down to a annual plan with Red Pocket. If you are willing to go through the minor hassle of porting your number every 3-6 months, you can really rack up the points.
Dont take it personally,
I just corrected your price quote as others were commenting too, single line is $40 a month for Visible its that simple.

I wouldn't have said anything but anyone reading your post would think Visible is $25 a month and it is $40 not $25. Yes, some people do get a single line and not everyone gets 4 lines,

Red Pocket ATT no contract month to month with autopay is $30 for a single line with no effort at all. Each additional line is only $20.

Furthermore:
Two Lines with Visible is $70 a month, Redpocket is $50
Three Lines with Visible is $90 a month, Redpocket is $70 (we have 3 lines)
Four lines with Visible is $100 a month, Redpocket is $90

Im glad your enjoying it, Ive been on contract free plans since 2008, 12 years, while others paid 100 to 200% more for the same service. It a great feeling. Visible looks like a good deal for those wanting to maintain 4 lines or getting people together for four lines since you have unlimited hgh speed data, with Redpocket ATT you dont have to bother, you get a great price no matter what (as you say, with no bother) and 10GB per line of high speed which no one in our family ever came close to needing including my young adult daughter or son.

I agree, I too, as you see by my posts above I wouldn't pay for 1 year in advance, but that is a personal decision, at these prices we all have great choices. I too never want to be tied down, again, since 2008 I have been free to use any cell phone company the same way I choose which gas station to fill up my truck, tied to no one, pay month to month.

Last edited:
My daughter got her first cell phone plan/smartphone(iPhone SE2) and I picked Redpocket mobile based on pricing and she would eat our limited Verizon data alive.

Review:
* The download speeds are similar to Verizon(my plan) in our locales. I did a speed test at our ski home near an ugly tree cell tower and it achieved 100Mbps download 40 up on Redpocket same as Verizon. The network actually shows Verizon on phone.
* The setup was a slight bit of work and required using the instant chat service for over 40 mins to get the calling working. Turn off VoLTE in iPhone settings was ticket after they recommended all sorts of things. They were pleasant though as can be for chat
* Enabling the wifi hotspot required another 30min chat session , you can only do this by chatting or calling them.
* I notice already since xmas morning 3 spam texts, Verizon I have never gotten this.

My daughter is elated, she has ability to text friends (non apple) and can play her poke mon go. Also some independence because previously her mother would not let her go places without the phone/finder in hand.

I plan on purchasing the a 365 day plan with 20GB per month.
Repocket with ATT is $30 a month for one line, actual payment, unlimited everything with 10GB high speed per line. Not that it matters much on a cell phone but you also get the full network speeds I posted above this post and not slowed down with some services such as straight talk.
IF you want additional lines they are only $20. a month. All this info is available on the services websites.

Yes, like you do, with RedPocket you can buy annual service at even more savings if you want too. I just like the monthly service with autopay Im not tied down and willing to pay for it. Either way I think we can agree, Redpocket is a great service, we haven't had a hiccup in all the years we have been using them now. (I'm also partial to ATT, no specific reason, always just worked well for us)
Thank you for your informative responses. If high speed data quota is exceeded, will the default 2G data be sufficient to stream music and general browsing? Or netflix?

If you're going to constantly stream music or frequently watch movies on your 4G service, you'll need a plan that is truly unlimited. What one poster here keeps calling "unlimited everything" despite its limit of 10GB will not be enough.

My experience with Verizon Prepaid's "safety mode" after the 5GB limit is reached is that the slow rate is about 56k, making it useless for any real purpose.

i was on red pocket a while back using a iphone 4s sprint cdma network no problems and worked flawlessly. i was on the $19 unlimited talk/text 3gb data then i fell victim to the sprint 3g network shutdown and with much begging got red pocket to mail me out a gsm-a sim free of charge for a android my friend gave me the switch over process was such a hassle to move me from one network to another it would have been easier just to port over to another carrier, wish i had done so. no way when your data is used up on red pocket it switches to 2g it was much slower to the point where google server would time out pages wouldn't even load. they bootload junk it your phone through text and carrier settings all a gimmick to get you to buy more high speed data based on the texts and emails they were sending me that's what they wanted. i am a fan of red pocket as long as the sprint network would stay operational but that won't be around much longer.

currently i find visible to be working very nicely.. they offer lots of promo deals to join.. all included talk/text/data taxes and fees $40 month. first month is $25 and if you add or join a group party of 4 or more the it'll remain at $25. i joined the reddit group party has over 3,000 members.

If you're going to constantly stream music or frequently watch movies on your 4G service, you'll need a plan that is truly unlimited. What one poster here keeps calling "unlimited everything" despite its limit of 10GB will not be enough.

My experience with Verizon Prepaid's "safety mode" after the 5GB limit is reached is that the slow rate is about 56k, making it useless for any real purpose.
I agree, if you’re someone who constantly streams movies 10 GB of high speed per line will not be enough.
The unlimited part if you pass 10 GB becomes painfully slow. But I don’t think movies were part of this discussion but it’s a good point for people who do. As my previous post said, and I am on my phone a lot including streaming from Apple’s music service and I never run out of high-speed. Again I don’t stream movies and anyone who does needs and needs to pay for unlimited high-speed.

I think the whole point of this is, the bottom line is you have no contract much like you don’t have a contract to buy gas from a certain gas station. If any service without a contract doesn’t work for you, you simply go to another service.

Last edited:
I think it would be really cool and interesting if people would run a speed test on their cell phone provider.
The results can’t be taken too seriously as there are many variables including the proximity to your cell tower and network congestion at your cell tower.
I posted mine on page 1 of this thread from this site which works well in the southeast for all testing.
https://www.att.com/support/speedtest/

If you do the test make sure to turn off wifi on your phone. This I know will be another variable as some might unknowingly be connected to a wifi network and not realize it.

I think it would be really cool and interesting if people would run a speed test on their cell phone provider.
The results can’t be taken too seriously as there are many variables including the proximity to your cell tower and network congestion at your cell tower.
I posted mine on page 1 of this thread from this site which works well in the southeast for all testing.
https://www.att.com/support/speedtest/

If you do the test make sure to turn off wifi on your phone. This I know will be another variable as some might unknowingly be connected to a wifi network and not realize it.
FWIW, like you said it is dependent on a lot of things. My latest ones are inside a pretty big building and the faster ones are from home I believe. LTE with no 5G. It's Sprint as noted.

results.png

my device is seriously crippling my LTE data speeds especially indoors in my home. Iphone se 1st edition. i am seeing around 13/1mbps. if visible is on verizon network i would think data speed should be much higher.

my device is seriously crippling my LTE data speeds especially indoors in my home. Iphone se 1st edition. i am seeing around 13/1mbps. if visible is on verizon network i would think data speed should be much higher.
It would be interesting when your around town with good signal if your speed increases. I notice on the Visible website I can not find ANY reference to download speeds that can be expected. This may (or may not) be a way for them to dumb down the speed without having to disclose it other then call it "high speed" which can be anything over 5Mbps

Its not your phone,

Visible CAPS their data speed to a max of 12 Mbps.

Redpocket ATT does not cap your speed and I provided the speed test I did on page 1 of this thread where I got over 50Mbps on my iPhone XR
I cant comment for Redpocket TMobile or Redpocket Verizon cause I dont have it but suspect you wont find capped speeds there either.

Source = https://www.visible.com/help/data-speeds

"What kind of network speed will I get with Visible?​

We’re built for life on the go, which means you’ll typically experience 4G LTE* Network download speeds of 5-12Mbps and upload speeds of 2-5Mbps".

This is the speed test I used and use for all things internet = https://www.att.com/support/speedtest/

Last edited:
Its not your phone,

Visible CAPS their data speed to a max of 12 Mbps.

Redpocket ATT does not cap your speed and I provided the speed test I did on page 1 of this thread where I got over 50Mbps on my iPhone XR
I cant comment for Redpocket TMobile or Redpocket Verizon cause I dont have it but suspect you wont find capped speeds there either.

Source = https://www.visible.com/help/data-speeds

"What kind of network speed will I get with Visible?​

We’re built for life on the go, which means you’ll typically experience 4G LTE* Network download speeds of 5-12Mbps and upload speeds of 2-5Mbps".

This is the speed test I used and use for all things internet = https://www.att.com/support/speedtest/
Thanks for that info, I’m trying to find the source where I read that visible used to cap data speeds at one time. Supposedly they now throttle only during network congestion. Either way I’m very happy with visible’s network performance, features, customer service and pricing.

competition is good! a few weeks ago i did now know what an MVNO was, thanks to this great forum i learn a lot. will be dropping my cheep but no data-mms from att SOON!

Found it right on their site. 😳
For whatever it’s worth most of the cell companies if not all will have that disclaimer. I think the key here is Visible states the maximum speed of 12 Mb per second which is much less than the standard network service from Verizon.

For whatever it’s worth you will probably will never know the difference on a cell phone. If anything latency might be more of an issue.

It is however a verifiable difference using Redpocket, unlike the other second party services , you’re getting full network speed at least on Redpocket AT&T network, I can’t speak for Redpocket Verizon and Redpocket T-Mobile service.

For whatever it’s worth most of the cell companies if not all will have that disclaimer. I think the key here is Visible states the maximum speed of 12 Mb per second which is much less than the standard network service from Verizon.

For whatever it’s worth you will probably will never know the difference on a cell phone. If anything latency might be more of an issue.

It is however a verifiable difference using Redpocket, unlike the other second party services , you’re getting full network speed at least on Redpocket AT&T network, I can’t speak for Redpocket Verizon and Redpocket T-Mobile service.
I just ran the a speed test on Visible. 2 bars of coverage and got me 25 Mbps down, .7 up. I ran the same test outside a few days ago and got 46 down with 3.9 up.

Attachments

• 2982A17D-9E16-43FF-BA9A-537784D9B8CB.jpg
    2982A17D-9E16-43FF-BA9A-537784D9B8CB.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
Thank you for your informative responses. If high speed data quota is exceeded, will the default 2G data be sufficient to stream music and general browsing? Or netflix?
As you know I and others already answered this for you, but its Saturday morning and Im off work, re-read your post and had this thought about we Americans. *L*

The power of marketing is an AMAZING science.
We are trained by companies to "accept" and pay through the nose for stuff we dont need but never notice how much extra we are paying.
So anyway, with cell phones, even though its rapidly changing now, people have been trained to actually ENTER INTO CONTRACTS with cell phone providers for service, this has been going on for decades in the USA, in return they give you a free phone or a discounted phone, ummmm ok, and we believe there is such a things as free, from a corporation no less.
This is almost unheard of in other countries., you buy a phone and you buy cell service, simple, clear cut and you know what you are paying for and you are not stuck with one company anymore then you are stuck buying gas from the same gas station.

I typed this long response to tell a story to describe this = People choose where they want to eat any given night, they choose what gasoline to buy for their vehicle and if they are curious about something they then try something else for dinner, or another brand of gas or oil.

If you are curious about the companies here, simply buy next months service from them and try it out, if you dont like it, go back to the same old cell phone company you had before. There is no contract, much like there is no contract telling you where you have to eat dinner every night or what gas station you buy gas from.

I do think if you try one, I would suggest one of these two but there are many, many others, ATT Redpocket (but you also have a choice of Redpocket TMobile and Repocket Verizon)

or Visible by Verizon which is a good deal too although very expensive unless you get 4 lines or as another posted in here find others to help you get to four lines or else you are paying way more with Visible and to me, I would ask myself then, why?
The answer to that would be only if you stream movies on your phone on a very regular basis assuming the service is good which I cant comment on.
But if that is the case, for the same price Redpocket ATT $40 will give you 20GB of high speed and the speed/latnecy maybe more reliable.

The thing is, you can switch companies every two months if you wish, your married to no one.

Last edited:
As you know I and others already answered this for you, but its Saturday morning and Im off work, re-read your post and had this thought about we Americans. *L*

The power of marketing is an AMAZING science.
We are trained by companies to "accept" and pay through the nose for stuff we dont need but never notice how much extra we are paying.
So anyway, with cell phones, even though its rapidly changing now, people have been trained to actually ENTER INTO CONTRACTS with cell phone providers for service, this has been going on for decades in the USA, in return they give you a free phone or a discounted phone, ummmm ok, and we believe there is such a things as free, from a corporation no less.
This is almost unheard of in other countries., you buy a phone and you buy cell service, simple, clear cut and you know what you are paying for and you are not stuck with one company anymore then you are stuck buying gas from the same gas station.

I typed this long response to tell a story to describe this = People choose where they want to eat any given night, they choose what gasoline to buy for their vehicle and if they are curious about something they then try something else for dinner, or another brand of gas or oil.

If you are curious about the companies here, simply buy next months service from them and try it out, if you dont like it, go back to the same old cell phone company you had before. There is no contract, much like there is no contract telling you where you have to eat dinner every night or what gas station you buy gas from.

I do think if you try one, I would suggest one of these two but there are many, many others, ATT Redpocket (but you also have a choice of Redpocket TMobile and Repocket Verizon)

or Visible by Verizon which is a good deal too although very expensive unless you get 4 lines or as another posted in here find others to help you get to four lines or else you are paying way more with Visible and to me, I would ask myself then, why?
The answer to that would be only if you stream movies on your phone on a very regular basis assuming the service is good which I cant comment on.
But if that is the case, for the same price Redpocket ATT $40 will give you 20GB of high speed and the speed/latnecy maybe more reliable.

The thing is, you can switch companies every two months if you wish, your married to no one.
Thanks again-Your posts are always well researched and written. Wife and I got T-Mobile unlimited at $60 for two lines. Unlimited maybe a bit much for our use, so looking for a a cheaper alternative by using less unneeded high speed data. 5 gigs/month may be enough

Back