Redline D6 ATF vs Valvoline Maxlife ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by burla
I'm pretty clear what I said, using a lesser quality base oil product more often is the way to go depending on the TEMPATURE the transmsion operates at. An "oil guy" would ask about the application before automatically chosing a group 3 oil over an ester based one. But keep on doing what you do, being the unbiased credible guy that you are.

You realise Maxlife ATF and Redline D6 have close to the same ester content? The VI is nearly the same Redline is thicker both cold and at operating temp. Redline will not publish its flashpoint.

Your some "oil" guy hawking Redline products but doing to research but you do like throwing pitch words such as Ester and group III.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by burla
I'm pretty clear what I said, using a lesser quality base oil product more often is the way to go depending on the TEMPATURE the transmsion operates at. An "oil guy" would ask about the application before automatically chosing a group 3 oil over an ester based one. But keep on doing what you do, being the unbiased credible guy that you are.

You realise Maxlife ATF and Redline D6 have close to the same ester content? The VI is nearly the same Redline is thicker both cold and at operating temp. Redline will not publish its flashpoint.

Your some "oil" guy hawking Redline products but doing to research but you do like throwing pitch words such as Ester and group III.

Yes, I know to you "oil guys" pitch words such as esters is a real bad thing. But as it just so happens, this pitch word = unmatchable performance in transmsions and gears. And you are selling the idea that maxlife uses more none group 3 synthetic oil then redline? Or you are skirting around the larger part of the formula that is actually pao, and that was what those applications where actually "looking" for. As in many of the factory oils that are the d6 viscosity range are pao.

Meanwhile ignore that part where I said using a group 3 oil and change ot more often is a "BETTER" strategy in most cases, yeah that was really hawking redline, LMAO.

Both are excellent products, I've run both in multiple vehicles in the past, and in my experience all but the most exotic Japanese cars and trucks will love Maxlife and Redline equally. As others have stated the Redline is a bit thicker both hot and cold and if you were going to regularly autocross or race the car that might give it an edge, if the trans could have some weak seals or slippage that would give Maxlife the edge (and would also make you not want to race the thing). I'm running the Maxlife in my G37's transmission cause it's a great fluid for the price (also it takes 16qts with the cooler) and D6 in the power steering system because of the stupid pressure the Hitachi pumps use and there it actually makes a difference in steering feel. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back