RedLine 5W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, well, I was in the back today and didn't see it! I wasn't looking though. I had to pick up my case of pzp!

Even with the added MPG, (Real or an anomaly) it is really hard to justify the cost of Redline vs. M1. My next oil analysis will tell me if it’s worth the cost….

We have a member on the board who owns a store and sells Red Line and Royal Purple products. I have been waiting for a week to see if he would like to be a Sponsor. No reply yet.

cheers.gif

JAG: You meant to say RedLine doesn't buy any licenses, right? That's not related in any way to meeting specifications.

02supercrew: RedLine probably knows. Why don't you ask them?

This is fairly common with Redline. I went from a 5W30 G-II+ to Redline 5W40 and still saw a 1-2 mpg improvment over the course of the oil change. I think itis mostly due to Redlines robust additive package but have no science to back that up! Redline also makes most vechiles run much smoother and quiter as well!

If it's anything like what goes on with Amsoil (no offense ment), I have no desire to mess with an oil that is claimed to meet a spec, but yet has nothing proving this.

No thanks, I'll just stick with my MC 5w20 for my '05 Focus and '04 F150.

IMO, the stuff would have to yield a much better improvement in mpg before I'm cough up $7 a qt.

I'm going to run RL 5w-20 next simply bc I want to test it and I want the mpg benefits if any. I also don't want to use a 30wt . My car is slow enough. I need some more HP. LOL. I also drive hard. So for me, $35 an oil change is worth it.

JohnBrowning,

This sounds like a dumb question...

But would the very high Moly level in Redline slightly help gas improve gas MPG ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back