Redline 0w-40 VOA

Quite interesting. Everyone says this is an "old school add pack oil".

What's the current concensus on this oil?

Quite interesting. Everyone says this is an "old school add pack oil".

What's the current concensus on this oil?
That depends on what your requirements are. Do you have an older vehicle that you aren't concerned about potentially clogging the catalytic converter if burning oil, is it for a race truck, or are you looking for oil that meets a certain specification?

Thanks. Warm weather, not started under 50F really in the garage. I might try the 5w40. The oil is thick overall.

In my research on Redline oils I really like them, the folks like to ding them for old add pack, and some cars seem to develop higher lead levels in wear analysis.

Thanks. Warm weather, not started under 50F really in the garage. I might try the 5w40. The oil is thick overall.

In my research on Redline oils I really like them, the folks like to ding them for old add pack, and some cars seem to develop higher lead levels in wear analysis.
If that oil is approved or meets spec then nothing should cause concern. Red Line appears to be decent oil from what I see.

The specs for RL appear better now than they were in the past. They were already very good but the Noack has dropped across the board. They also have access to P66 R&D center so that could be beneficial to them as well.

Back