Red line oil working to reduce consumption

Ever heard of book time?
so maybe the question is why is the book time so high on a 10 minute job. This is the kind of crap that makes me say F them. I don't mind paying a fair price. But when it takes 10 min to do the job, I'll be ****ed if I pay them more than 200 (i think they actually quoted me $240).

I have another thread that shows when I started to use Redline oil (0w20) in my 2013 Accord, oil consumption was reduced significantly through the first 3000 miles. After 3000 miles, oil consumption comes up. I end up putting about half a quart in, between 3000 and 4000 miles.

What about the RL is helping reduce oil consumption initially and what happens to it after 3000 miles to start burning again? I assuming thinning out over time. Would like to find an oil with similar properties that is more readily available locally.
Esters.

so maybe the question is why is the book time so high on a 10 minute job. This is the kind of crap that makes me say F them. I don't mind paying a fair price. But when it takes 10 min to do the job, I'll be ****ed if I pay them more than 200 (i think they actually quoted me $240).

People offer services and if the price is more than we wish to pay we find a cheaper provider or do it ourselves. It's a terrible system but I haven't found a better one yet

Back