Red Line D6 for 2013 Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rjg
Hello all,

I just purchased 2 gallons of Red Line D6 for my 2013 Honda. On Red Lines website, it lists D6 as a replacement for Honda's DW-1. On the new gallons, it doesn't list DW-1. Just curious if anyone has run into this.. Both gallons are fresh.

Thanks for any info!

Whoa! Hold your horses!

'13 Honda what? Accords changed to a CVT that year so D6 is way way way the wrong fluid. Honda HCF-2 only. Some Civics are CVT equipped too, iirc.

I am not a fan of do-all ATF like Maxlife, D4, D6 and the like.

Originally Posted By: LotI
'13 Honda what? Accords changed to a CVT that year so D6 is way way way the wrong fluid. Honda HCF-2 only. Some Civics are CVT equipped too, iirc.

I am not a fan of do-all ATF like Maxlife, D4, D6 and the like.

Hopefully he has the V6 automatic which would be fine to use the RL D6.

Im wondering if you used the Redline D6 ?

Im going to switch to REDLINE in my ACURA ILX.

I like Honda DW-1 .. However I always thought it was fully synthetic..... I truly beleive in Syn Lubricants.

not saying DW-1 is bad.... I think its great.. Used it for years in all my hondas.... However Tired of paying and doing Drain and fills each 3rd oil change.. Perhaps the REDLINE wont darken up so fast.

Honda DW-1 will darken up so fast....

I will do 3 drain and fills and the ATF Fluid is nice and red... 9K miles later the ATF Fluid the HG DW-1 must have does its job b/c its always DARK ..... Im wondering how REDLINE will work.. I have always red good things about REDLINE PRODUCTS.

Very old post being reactivated - OP could have opened a new one rather than sniffing out the old ones.
Used D6 on my Lexus and dumped it quickly and reverted back to WS.
RL D6 misbehaved on my transmission and know every heartbeat of my vehicles so dumped it quickly.
That being said others have had good success with D4 and not many success posts on the D6.

Originally Posted by Mainia
I had 65,000 VERY hard miles on a 2009 Honda Fit, 45,000 miles of that had Redline D6 with 3 dump and fills and the last fill of the 3 had 1 qt of Redline Lightweight Racing ATF and 1 qt of regular Redline ATF both having no slip agents or basically Type F. I want nice firm shifts. I just sold the Fit and it is running great. I added a TransProtector inline filter about 7,000 before and was getting a nice clean filtered ATF, which helped on nice clean shifts, very noticeable in increase in speed of the solenoid and therefor speed of shift. Reduce particulate count helps on friction. I do not like OEM oils!! DW 1 and especially Toyota WS.

I did the same Redline D6 and added cocktailing of two qts of non slip agent racing ATF on my Wife's new to us lease returned Rav4 with 21,400 miles. I now do the drop the pan if I has one, refill and pump out through the return line to get all the olfd ATF out in one shot. Which by the way had totally burnt Toyota WS "garbage" ATF. I have never smelled a worst smelling ATF in my life. I got sick being around it. The Rav4 came from a women in upstate NY and it had no hitch or soccer mom hauling marks.

I just ordered tonight my Redline cocktail mix for my wife's old 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (15,000 low miles) that took the place of my old Honda Fit. As of 2013 1/2 Hyundai uses a group 5 ester ATF. I don't want to pay the $20 a qt Hyundai ATF and I don't know if the skimpt on the add pack since they don't consider a Hyundai a high HP car/truck where Redline has to consider it's ATF could be going into a 500hp vehicle. The Elantra GT and the Rav4 will be towing a small boat and will both have trans cooler added to them with TransProtector filter too.

Are you talking about this product when you refer to non slip racing atf / type F

Type F Racing ATF (1 Quart) - Red Line 30304

or

Red Line Lightweight Racing ATF - 1 Quart 30314

Thanks

Last edited:
I have always been told to use nothing but Honda ATF in HONDA Transmission...and I got good results with Honda DW-1. However with my last Honda I used to do a D&F on each 3rd oil change. So I must of spent alot of $ the 200K miles I had the car.. The car finally died at 260K miles...

I know have a Acura ILX and Im looking into putting Redline D6 in it.,.. I used to think HONDA DW-1 was Syn oil... Evan at work on our system it said HONDA DW-1 was synthetic.. However I found out it was not and that explains why it didnt last very long..

Some people love Valvoline MAXX LIFE... Some people love Amsoil.. Some people love IDEMUTSU TYPE H PLUS..... ** I tried IDEMUTUS TYPE H Plus ** and it seemed fine.....

So its really hard to tell someone what is best.. I think people tell what they feel is best.... Tell you the truth Im not sure whats best... I do know Honda DW-1 did me very well at a cost.... However Im going to try Redline D6

Originally Posted by David1
Originally Posted by Mainia
I had 65,000 VERY hard miles on a 2009 Honda Fit, 45,000 miles of that had Redline D6 with 3 dump and fills and the last fill of the 3 had 1 qt of Redline Lightweight Racing ATF and 1 qt of regular Redline ATF both having no slip agents or basically Type F. I want nice firm shifts. I just sold the Fit and it is running great. I added a TransProtector inline filter about 7,000 before and was getting a nice clean filtered ATF, which helped on nice clean shifts, very noticeable in increase in speed of the solenoid and therefor speed of shift. Reduce particulate count helps on friction. I do not like OEM oils!! DW 1 and especially Toyota WS.

I did the same Redline D6 and added cocktailing of two qts of non slip agent racing ATF on my Wife's new to us lease returned Rav4 with 21,400 miles. I now do the drop the pan if I has one, refill and pump out through the return line to get all the olfd ATF out in one shot. Which by the way had totally burnt Toyota WS "garbage" ATF. I have never smelled a worst smelling ATF in my life. I got sick being around it. The Rav4 came from a women in upstate NY and it had no hitch or soccer mom hauling marks.

I just ordered tonight my Redline cocktail mix for my wife's old 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (15,000 low miles) that took the place of my old Honda Fit. As of 2013 1/2 Hyundai uses a group 5 ester ATF. I don't want to pay the $20 a qt Hyundai ATF and I don't know if the skimpt on the add pack since they don't consider a Hyundai a high HP car/truck where Redline has to consider it's ATF could be going into a 500hp vehicle. The Elantra GT and the Rav4 will be towing a small boat and will both have trans cooler added to them with TransProtector filter too.

Are you talking about this product when you refer to non slip racing atf / type F

Type F Racing ATF (1 Quart) - Red Line 30304

or

Red Line Lightweight Racing ATF - 1 Quart 30314

Thanks

The two are mixed to create the desired viscosity.

See here for othe details , https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5408347/2/honda-dw-1-not-synthetic .

IMG_2579.JPG

IMG_2580.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back