Red Line and seal swell

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by buster:

quote:

1. Di-esters (almost 100%)- Neo
2. Redline 60% to 40% of Pentaerithritol (PE) and Di-Pentaerithyritol (DPE) and Trimethyl Propane TMP polyol esters, depending on formulation;
3. Amsoil - Mostly TMP with some PE, about 20-30%
depending on formulation.
4. Mobil - Trimethyl Ethane (TME) and TMP about 20-40% depending on formulation.
5. Synergen (Dyson) and RP - Diesters and TMP with some small amounts of PE.

Forgive me for my stupidity, but I want to make sure I'm understanding this right. I thought Amsoil had a higher content of esters then M1, but if I'm reading this right, both M1 and Amsoil are roughly 20% to 40% ester based??

No, I don't think he said anything about Amsoil and M1 BOTH being 20 to 40%. He said Amsoil was 20 to 30% and M1 was 20 to 40%. So in some formulations, M1 beats Amsoil when it comes to ester content.
grin.gif
(For what it's worth, I think the SuperSyn formulation relies on more esters than any previous formulation of Mobil 1. I just didn't realize it went as high as 40% in some grades.)

Right, I understand that. I was aproximating and thats why I said 20-40% for both. I'm surprised at this. I always thought M1 had the least amount of esters compared to it's competitors. S2000 though I think has more then Amsoil's other lines.
smile.gif

Yes, G-Man II, after reading the info on Red Line's site, you get the impression they are a pure (near 100%) polyol-based oil.

I wish they would be a little more upfront about this.
rolleyes.gif

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back