Recommended Email providers

My current ISP is ancient and unreliable and they hardly support it.

I don't want gmail.

I have cable internet, works fine. But want to just add a new safe, reliable email service and move my important stuff there. Like BITOG :) :LOL: (y)

I use Gmail, my uses Yahoo. I used to use Yahoo but they kicked me out for violating their terms of service. I have absolutely no idea what I did that violated their terms of service and they wouldn't tell me. Hotmail was always good to me. I don't see any need to pay for an email provider unless you're running a business.

I used to use Yahoo but they kicked me out for violating their terms of service. I have absolutely no idea what I did that violated their terms of service and they wouldn't tell me.
They'll never say why and if they did, what difference would it make ? You or I would "argue" that it wasn't correct or something but they don't care. They have millions and millions of users.

I don't see any need to pay for an email provider unless you're running a business.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Also applies to those "secure" (and paid) mail services. If the recipient isn't using it, it's all for moot.

Protonmail has a free version that I've been using for a couple of years. They limit you to 500MB, but even after a couple of years, my inbox is only 52MB. I use this account for signing up for sites (like BITOG) and not for corresponding with friends and family or work. Thus I never get large attachments which would eat up those 500MB.

Get Gmail.... If your reason against it is tracking or privacy, you shouldn't be using the internet or carrying a smart phone.
?

So quickly people wave away their privacy because they believe there is no other way.

Protonmail; it has been recommended many times on BITOG. It offers server side encryption of your email which they cannot look thru because they CAN'T since the email owners have the private key to decrypt. It is GDPR compliant; They offer VPN, encrypted cloud storage and a few other services.

Support those institutions that believe there is a different way.

Last edited:
Currently I use Protonmail with my own domain, but I could use any email provider that allows you to bring your own domain over.

If the email service goes out of business, you can just port it over to another provider and you will never lose your email address as long as you keep renewing your domain.

So quickly people wave away their privacy because they believe there is no other way.
"believe there is no other way" ? That's laughable.... I will decide what's worth it. I use the internet so I know I'm being tracked, I use loyalty cards at gas stations, grocery stores, etc so I know I'm being tracked. I know that big data companies connect the dots and have a real good idea of who I am. I know Google can read my emails and don't care. Sorry, I don't live with a tinfoil hat on 😂

"believe there is no other way" ? That's laughable.... I will decide what's worth it. I use the internet so I know I'm being tracked, I use loyalty cards at gas stations, grocery stores, etc so I know I'm being tracked. I know that big data companies connect the dots and have a real good idea of who I am. I know Google can read my emails and don't care. Sorry, I don't live with a tinfoil hat on 😂
I'm not sure if you're intentionally ignoring the point. By using protonmail and the duckduckgo browser, you can use the internet without being tracked. What is laughable about that?

Same. Have had the same account since 1997
Coulda sworn I had my yahoo account in the 90's but I can't find any email older than 2000. I would have left college and its email accounts at that time, so maybe I did sign up then... regardless, has worked for me all this time. I should look into that protonmail, I don't need another address, but maybe it wouldn't hurt.

I'm kinda of the mindset, there's so much info out there about everyone, it's rather hard to sort through. But if I could start over again... I'd probably fly as anonymous as I could.

Safe and reliable ? Get Gmail.... If your reason against it is tracking or privacy, you shouldn't be using the internet or carrying a smart phone.
GMAIL seems to be a bigger scammer / hacker target, I’ve lost access to a couple rarely used Gmail accounts and getting google to delete one is nearly impossible.

Back