Recent Recall? Please list it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if any posters have had a recall on their vehicle this year, this way we can see if Recalls are more or less common with certain manufacturers.

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
Recall: Underbody coolant hose, hose may break causing loss of coolant and possible over heating of engine.

I took it in the paper work said hose $2.50, labor $45. Of course it was free with the recall.

2003 BMW 3 series - December last year, replaced the ignition coils. They changed manufacturers; the original coils were failing prematurely.

For all it's worth, there were two recalls for my 1996 Audi:

1997: front air bag
(a ground wire was installed in the steering wheel airbag to prevent accidental deployment under low humidity condition)

2000: ignition switch replaced
(housing could crack)

How much discretion do manufacturers have for what they do or don't issue as a recall?

Probably depends on how many "contributions" they've made.

it can get to a point where they are forced to recall by the government. also if they are seeing a lot of repeat failures, they can turn a TSB into a recall.

2005 Grand Caravan
Underbody coolant hose
Windshild wiper motor and assembly
Not a recall, but I had to have a tie-rod end replaced.

Taking it in Monday for a vibration noise in the front.

2K Focus, in the last 18 months. Fuel pump starves when tank at 1/4 or less, on left turns. Fuel pump replaced on recall. Rear door latches can fail, inspected and lubed with a special lube from Ford. Doors were stickered to show only this special lube that prevents corrosion should be used. There wasn't any corrosion on mine; could be the BelRay waterproof grease I used...?

Only recall I can recall for 2004 Silverado was 2004.... replace metal cables that hold the tailgate at a 90-degree angle to the ground when gate is lowered from the vertacal position.

Hoping that's the only one!!!!

2005 Toyota Kluger (Highlander) replacement master cylinder, apparently replacement fluid could have caused inversion of a seal in master cylinder and leak into brake booster.
Roger

The vibration in my Grand Caravan (see above post) turns out to be a loose baffle in the muffler. A new muffler has been ordered and will be replacedon Wednesday.

2001 Toyota Echo. Crankshaft Position Sensor. Made appt. today for next week. I guess oil can get to the connector somehow, which renders the sensor useless and stalls the car. The recall also mentioned that the connector to the CPS could also break and fail.

Not mine, but in the household...

2004 Civic Hybrid...had to have the ECM reprogrammed to keep the engine from running too lean. Honda didn't call it a recall, though they did send a letter out. It probably should have been a recall though since it could do damage.

When I bought my Focus off the street from a private owner, I immediately called Ford and found out I had 3 recalls. Battery cable replacement or re-routing I'm not sure, Rear hatch bolt and rear wheel bearings. Then I changed my fuel pump. Didn't need to but figured what the ****. Thank *** my ignition key is doing okay.

Got the muffler fixed on my Grand Caravan, now the sliding side door is malfunctioning.
Let's see:
Coolant hose
Windshield wiper motor
Muffler
Tie rod end
Door.
Sniff, sniff??? Who's cutting lemons?

quote:

Originally posted by 01rangerxl:
It probably should have been a recall though since it could do damage.

It's also a violation of EPA regulations. Lean mixtures produce excess NOx, a chief cause of smog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back