Reccomendations a Snow Brush Ice Scraper

Originally Posted By: dave123
All I say is make sure it has a brass scraper.
I didn't know that was a real thing until now. I actually searched amazon to see if you were kidding, but sure enough. To the OP, I value length over anything but to be honest I buy them clearance in March and I'm not too choosy.

I pass on the brass scraper.. if its that stuck on the car can heat up for 5min. Although we have more 2-3" of snow on the car after work than straight ice... or icesnow.

Last edited:

Kestas

Staff member
The best scraper I have is one I made from scrap 1/4-inch lucite. The key for efficacy is to sharpen whatever you have before every season.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
I didn't know that was a real thing until now. I actually searched amazon to see if you were kidding, but sure enough. To the OP, I value length over anything but to be honest I buy them clearance in March and I'm not too choosy.
once you go to one you will never pick up plastic pos again.

once you go to one you will never pick up plastic pos again.
while I dont believe it, thats kinda the argument people who run winter tires use smile Oh wait I have 4 ws-80's out in the breezeway ready to go on smile

Last edited:
Can I get a cheap Brass one, like the Amazon 4 dollar "CJ Industries F101 Fantastic Ice Scraper with Brass Blade " and expect it to work great? It gets an amazing reviews, I might get one just because, or as a filler to reach 35 bucks.

Can I get a cheap Brass one, like the Amazon 4 dollar "CJ Industries F101 Fantastic Ice Scraper with Brass Blade " and expect it to work great? It gets an amazing reviews, I might get one just because, or as a filler to reach 35 bucks.
Looks OK I never spend much on one like many reviews say they grow legs once people try them

I usually use the plastic scrapers. Hopkins / Hoppy makes some decent ones. I usually sand the sharp corners (not the edge of the blade) round. I had an instance, years ago, where the sharp corner dug into the side window weatherstrip and tore it.