Rear driver side rotor gets hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: andyd
Wow less than 15yrs? Once again I am spoiled by good German parts. The only hose I've ever replaced for failing internally was over 20 yrs. True, the ones on the Rat looked terrible, but they worked @ 18yrs old.

I never saw fail in 5 yrs, 10, 15, 20 okay but 5? That would be very rare but who knows may be they are just using garbage parts.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Your 'mechanic' should be actually diagnosing the problem, not throwing parts at it. I can see one caliper, maybe, but not two.

Bingo. Some of these mechanics are quick to throw parts at problems, vs. diagnosing and fixing the problem.

To be fair to the mechanic, this is becoming somewhat of a more obscure issue. I think he was trying to replace as little as possible to save me money, but it looks like there's more to it than he initially thought.

I'm taking it back tomorrow and we'll see if he can get it done right.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Had this happen on the 2012 Camry with the rear driver's side caliper sticking. New caliper from Napa, ordered a new brake hose from Rockauto, brake flush. And no further issues.

Forgot to mention that I had the brake pads replaced as well, Wagner OEX pads. When the mechanic was taking things apart he noticed uneven pad wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back