2014 Chrysler Town & Country left rear rotor getting hot.

Well an update to the situation…

brand new Raybestos caliper installed, fluid bled and no difference. I’ve put enough fluid through the system now it’s clear coming out. I’m perplexed! The wife wants to take it in but I’m not sure what the garage will do other than throw parts at it.
🤬
Just wondering if you ever solved this problem. I’m having the same exact problem with the same exact brake. New brake hose and on my second reman caliper. I can’t drive it more then 2 miles then the rotor is too hot to touch

Just wondering if you ever solved this problem. I’m having the same exact problem with the same exact brake. New brake hose and on my second reman caliper. I can’t drive it more then 2 miles then the rotor is too hot to touch
a new brake hose and a new caliper fixed the issue. I bought a caliper off of Amazon because I had issues with the Autozone one twice.

Just my $0.02

Brake hose needs replacing.
This is what happened to my Nissan. People explained inside the hose, deterioration has made it so fluid can flow to the caliper, but it takes longer than normal to return...I too had replaced the caliper, only to see no change in the behavior. And it got bad, burning smell and car having a hard time overcoming the resistance. It would be like a burnout scenario you see these days on YouTube :ROFLMAO:

In the initial post (which I realize is old) you said you replaced the hose from the get-go. So, you put on a second new hose? Effectively, your FIRST NEW hose was bad?

I'm not doubting, just curious
Just 1 hose used. I think the Autozone caliper was the real issue

Just my $0.02

Back