Rear brake pad choice

The Rayloc and Blue Line Bosch are bottom/mid-grade product offerings. I personally would choose a better grade of brake pad.

However, to answer the question, I'd choose the lesser priced Bosch. If the numbers are correct then they're going on the rear of a Nissan Sentra so Formula-1 performance is neither required nor expected. Bosch claims their pads are "towel wrapped" so I'd like to see that. It might be a bonus for your shop supply cabinet.

I checked RA shipping costs for pads only is the deal breaker 😒
$8 for shipping when I check. Plus they have a 10% instant rebate on Bosch pads and their regular 5% discount code. Comes to $25.66 delivered for me. Sure you can't add something else to the order to absorb some of the shipping? NAPA's unknown manufacturers would be a hard pass for me, not to mention a much higher price.

My last order of front pads, rear pads, rear parking brake shoes, hardware kit AND a wheel hub and bearing for my Impreza shipped for $11, and with the discount, shipping was effectively just $1 for everything,

order.jpg

How do you need new brakes for a car that knew already? :cautious:
It’s a Nissan thing they tend to eat rear pads. As Nissan explained it their vehicles are designed 60% of braking is done by the rears he said/she said to prevent nose diving and a smoother braking feel. 🤯😵‍💫. Besides all that mumbo I took a look for myself and the pads are needing replacement and I’d like to prevent damaging the oe rotors at 35k. I’ll do a little diy resurfacing see if i can drag em out to 50k. And we’re easy on our cars I’d like to know how the pads would be with aggressive drivers.

A lot of the newer cars use the rear brakes for stability control and with electronic distribution meaning more rears on mild stops. The computer guys are a little ahead of the hardware, but the fronts remain available in all their glory for harder/ panic stops.

Myself I'd be happy everything's keeping itself clean. I've had rear rotors rust from just driving like Grandpa.

The popular EHT pads are available for your Sentra at a good price :)

Or just get the Bosch blue.

Maybe a wider selection will be available by the time they need to be replaced again.

It's already 4 years old. My 2020 Corolla has over 250,000 miles. 2018 Impreza over 350K.

2020 still sounds new to me :D

View attachment 207660

JK JK, maybe they just drive the car a lot, especially in stop and go traffic.

I knew someone would :sneaky:

Back