Realtors in Florida

I'm not sure what you think would be reasonable for a $3.1M property. If it is in fact a dump, you buy it and homestead it and your taxes will reamin the same and or are limited to 3% increases per year. So if the house is renovated and suddenly becomes worth $5M, taxes are still going to be based off the purchase price.

For the money it's a decent deal for someone that likes the area. Relatively cheap.

The front door I'd
replace right away. I'm not a security zealot by any means but that looks really weak.. go to 5:55 in..

I think discounted Ocala will be the thing of the past. I already see the discounts going away.

Just my personal predictions for whatever that is worth. High insurance and home cost are the driving the coastals inward and Ocala is the new destination of new and old. Many that want to stay in Florida are going more central.

Your thoughts??

I agree will everything you mentioned.

I watch Ben Grieco on YouTube and he’s seeing lots of people trying to dump their condos near the coast and move inland. Retired folks headed to the Villages after selling condo.

A while back I recommended Ocala / Gainesville for people wanting to move to Florida. It’s still affordable and not a bad area.

I think Yulee is an up and coming place. Not far from Fernandina Beach not a bad drive to Jacksonville. With that said, it's not exactly in the middle of the "action" as the hustle and bustle of the Florida lifestyle. It is far northern Florida one exit from the GA border
I assume insurance is still reasonable there though one would have to confirm. The federal storm threat map in that area of Florida is less than Long Island NY and less in some to most areas of the Coastal Carolinas ... splitting hairs maybe but ... I suspect insurance companies use this as part of their pricing model and maybe correct to assume (?) if its in Florida ... well ... far better than southern Florida on both coasts.

Last edited:
I wouldn't own a house with sliding glass doors. I'd have to have it taken out and infilled with wall and a normal exterior door.
Most are setup for a pool and to watch the kids, pets etc.
I'm not a fan but I do get the concept.
I have one at my house on the 2nd story. It's kept with the blinds closed for 25 years.
I never use it and it goes to the deck. No more decks either.

Most are setup for a pool and to watch the kids, pets etc.
I'm not a fan but I do get the concept.
I have one at my house on the 2nd story. It's kept with the blinds closed for 25 years.
I never use it and it goes to the deck. No more decks either.
So you have a sliding glass door that goes out to a non-existant deck, as in watch out for that first step?
If so pics please!

FL is all about letting the outside in, so the more glass and easy access to the outdoors is what drives that. Glass front doors are common to allow more light in. There are naturally 'bad' areas but for the most part, crime is not an issue so safety is not a concern. I have 3 large sliders over looking my pool and could not imagine life without them.

Back