Realtors in Florida

Florida Lease back.
One of my favorite builders is offering this deal. 18 month Lease back. You buy it and they use it as a model home until the area sells out. (18 months)
On a canal that goes out to the Tampa Bay.

One of the offers.
House is $1.2 M
They will Lease it for about $7300 a month and pay the HOA and taxes and home insurance. 🤔🤔🤔

Florida Lease back.
One of my favorite builders is offering this deal. 18 month Lease back. You buy it and they use it as a model home until the area sells out. (18 months)
On a canal that goes out to the Tampa Bay.

One of the offers.
House is $1.2 M
They will Lease it for about $7300 a month and pay the HOA and taxes and home insurance. 🤔🤔🤔
Is it worth 1.2M?

Or is it a $1M home they get to use for 18 months?

Is it worth 1.2M?

Or is it a $1M home they get to use for 18 months?
That is the first thing that crossed my mind. Next was that model homes are often at the entrance of a subdivision, sometimes not the most desireable location. On the plus, model homes often have lots of upgrades, and best floorplans and decorating.

That is the first thing that crossed my mind. Next was that model homes are often at the entrance of a subdivision, sometimes not the most desireable location. On the plus, model homes often have lots of upgrades, and best floorplans and decorating.
Agree..they are not playing the bad location deal though. All inside goodies stay...they offer the same deal on 400k ones as well. Plus the model homes are usually highly optioned with better workmanship. It is an advertisement after all. As you stated of course. Not a deal for me though. I would buy a model home however.

Last edited:
I would buy a model if the location were OK. The model in the neighborhood we bought was buried way in the neighborhood. There were multiple builders and this was there small section. It was not available when we bought, but it sold 6 months later for about the same per square as I paid. It had all the upgrades, mine only had a few. Only thing I did not like was it was on a corner.

Thats roughly the mortgage payment plus $1000 for HOA, insurance, etc. There should be some movement there.

One thing yuo need to think about and or watch for though is all the appliances and equipment will then be 18mos old and may not have a warranty to cover anything longer than normal. You also never want to buy the tv's and other du-dads as they are outdated at the end of the lease plus no need to finance a tv in the purchase price anyway.

Thats roughly the mortgage payment plus $1000 for HOA, insurance, etc. There should be some movement there.

One thing yuo need to think about and or watch for though is all the appliances and equipment will then be 18mos old and may not have a warranty to cover anything longer than normal. You also never want to buy the tv's and other du-dads as they are outdated at the end of the lease plus no need to finance a tv in the purchase price anyway.
I'm not interested but I would be a cash buyer and not mortgage it.
If it was leased right as cv19 came about you may have really scored.

I look at it vs. the interest I get now, just saying. Apparently these lease back deals are pretty hot but I don't see the gains like you could have gotten a few years ago.

Back