Really losing my Mojo....

Well, I guess this isn't really meant for the 'humor' section, more the 'reality' section.
Turned 56 today.
Was planning on going duck hunting this morning. Bought a license for the first time in 5 years, this season.
Weather forecast - nice and warm for this time of year. Downside -- very few ducks, even on the Mississippi flyway (another sad story of how the sport has just crashed).

Called him last night -- "I think I'm sleeping in"

Even 5 years ago, I would have been envisioning first flight in the morning. Getting old is a female Chessie...

I was feeling pretty tired today, too. Just low on steam. Time to go hit the rack. Keeping the candle lit at both ends doesn't work forever.

You are a young buck........ I turned 62 in September.........

Sleeping in is a big temptation.
EXACTLY ! Yes a very Young BUCK @ 56!!!

I turned 67 a couple months ago. I am STILL trying to get over being 100% DEVESTATED from when I turned JUST 60! WoW.
Then asking the wife who is the same exact age as me: "Cathy!? WTH? Come on!? Where did it all go? and how so very darned fast!"
It feels like yesterday we were
JUST taking our boys all across the USA on some of our many vacations etc... Those were before any of us
even thought or said the words ..... college out loud. Heck! They have already now graduated college and both are married and have their own children! Our GRANDKIDS! I am still having trouble realizing I am truly over the big 60 and closer in fact to the big 70! YIKES!
How on earth are some of you all accepting those creeping years? The real killer for me is it seems with each new year I discover something
else I can no longer do around the house or to the cars! Ugh.

Turned 71 this past Feb, still looking to do more things, mind is into it but this old body says No. before I would get up early every morning, now I'm sleeping in till 9/10 AM. Just did an oil change on my Silverado and man it took a little longer to pull it off, harder to slide under and get back up, Yup old age Sucks. 🍻

Turned 71 this past Feb, still looking to do more things, mind is into it but this old body says No. before I would get up early every morning, now I'm sleeping in till 9/10 AM. Just did an oil change on my Silverado and man it took a little longer to pull it off, harder to slide under and get back up, Yup old age Sucks. 🍻
That can be a good days accomplishment,. I turned 71 last week.

1711072466405.jpg

The crappy cold weather really kills my mojo or desire to do anything. The garage sits at 33F so I'll just sip some coffee and call it good enough.

Back