Realistic interval for cabin air filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
dude,

wasn't there a permanent smog cloud over L.A. until the 80s? SO don't bring that as an argument.

Air quality in So Cal is much better the last 20+ years than the 80's and before.

Even now the LA basin still have a light brown cover it almost all year, it was only cleaned up after a good rain and we don't have many good rainy days every year.

If money is the name of the game, then why not just leave out the S2000 filter. Again, you are defending something it seems- I just don't know what it is.

Money is not the main reason I don't change cabin filter in my S2000 as often as you think I need.

Since the top is down more than 90% of the time, I don't need cabin filter during those time so I set recirculate and no air passed through. The original cabin filter was barely dirty after 7-8 years, the replacement is very clean after 4-5 years. Why should I change out a cabin filter if it is clean and air passes through it as it was new ?

My question for you, when you are outdoor do you wear a mask ? The air in you car while you're driving is a clean(or dirty) as the air surrounding you while you're outdoor having some activities.

I have my reasons for the way I do my things, you have your own reasons to do it otherwise. It is very similar to someone like their steak rare and others like their steak well done.

...... then why not just leave out the S2000 filter.....

I just wash my cabin filter out in my S2000. I do this because my top is down 95% of the time and all I need the cabin filter to do is keep the big stuff out of the fan and air ducts.

ROD

I changed mine out after 25000 miles of desert driving. it was pretty nasty and dusty. My cost is $12 for a Toyota filter at the dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back