Ready to eat ribs.

Anyone here ever buy those ready to eat baby back ribs from the grocery store? The ones you just take out of the package and heat in the oven? I bought some at HEB called Curly's. The pack was $7. Via instructions, I put them on a cookie sheet, covered them in foil, and cooked them for 20 min. Then I removed the foil and cooked them until they were blackened on the ends and caramelized. They were fall off the bone delicious!! Quick easy "home cooked" meal.

Anyone ever buy these, and if so, which are your favorites?

Anyone here ever buy those ready to eat baby back ribs from the grocery store? The ones you just take out of the package and heat in the oven? I bought some at HEB called Curly's. The pack was $7. Via instructions, I put them on a cookie sheet, covered them in foil, and cooked them for 20 min. Then I removed the foil and cooked them until they were blackened on the ends and caramelized. They were fall off the bone delicious!! Quick easy "home cooked" meal.

Anyone ever buy these, and if so, which are your favorites?

Tomorrow they will be Magnatec to you.... Sell out...

Yes, several months ago a local grocery store was advertising prepared family meals for $25. The meal included the following, a rotisserie chicken, a rack of back ribs, your choice of two salads (potato, egg etc.) and an order of potato wedges. It sounded like a good deal but like everything else, you get what you pay for, the ribs and salads were awful.

I’ll have to check Curly’s out. I quit cooking ribs for hours on end on the pit years ago. Now I season ’em up then off to the instant pot. 25 minutes of cook time, lather sauce and another 25 in the smokey bbq pit..... DONE.
Occasionally, ribs go on sale, buy one get two free and I load up.
Surgeon General approved......

Tomorrow they will be Magnatec to you.... Sell out...
Magnatec:
magnatec.gif

Since the day I found out about this . This 1 hours 1.15 is all I ever do since then . No more 5-6 hours for me
What temp you cooking at ??? At 225 smoking temp in a kettle Weber 3hr for Ribs is about right for me.

Yep, nice to see someone else is buying ready to eat ribs. The brand I use is the store brand called President’s Choice at Super Store up in Canada. They are frozen pork ribs and are great. Thaw them out in the package, throw them on the BBQ to heat them up, and you have fall off the bone ribs in 20 minutes. Sacrilege!

I have been buying Jack Daniels Baby Back Pork Ribs for about $10-12 a rack. They are pre-cooked and marinated in Jack Daniels sauce, so just 10 minutes per side on the grill to caramelize them and they are ready! Delicious and tender! Sure beats the hours it used to take me to pressure cook, marinate, and grill raw ribs.

Back