Rav 4 Prime?

Wow, that is quite a slope, I'm sure you don't go up that slowly in the winter. Seems the electric motors have no problems with it though. It would be interesting to see the electric motors power and torque curves. Maybe a new technology for rock crawling?

Wow, that is quite a slope, I'm sure you don't go up that slowly in the winter. Seems the electric motors have no problems with it though. It would be interesting to see the electric motors power and torque curves. Maybe a new technology for rock crawling?
Every review Ive seen of PHEV and PEV is saying that electric is amazing for offroad.

Since the Pinto thread is getting more hits than this grandma mobile thread, I figured I'd throw the OP a bone.

Attachments

• Ravgina.jpeg
    Ravgina.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 17
How’s the room in the back? Could a family of 5 (with 3 ever growing boys… send help they’re about to start eating the drywall if I don’t feed them quick enough!) fit in it?
I mean, not really. The back seats 2 adults comfortably, but not 3 people. I feel like this is more of a vehicle for people who want light off road capability in a reliable, high quality package along with extremely efficient operation and respectable acceleration. 0-60 in 5.4 seconds isnt bad, and I've been averaging over 40mpg. Handling is surprisingly better than my cx5, but with much less feedback. The ride is very composed and well isolated. Its more of a vehicle for singles or a DINK couple. Basically someone who would buy a Tesla but want better quality without any range anxiety, and better dealer support at the cost of not having the latest tech or best acceleration.

I mean, not really. The back seats 2 adults comfortably, but not 3 people. I feel like this is more of a vehicle for people who want light off road capability in a reliable, high quality package along with extremely efficient operation and respectable acceleration. 0-60 in 5.4 seconds isnt bad, and I've been averaging over 40mpg. Handling is surprisingly better than my cx5, but with much less feedback. The ride is very composed and well isolated. Its more of a vehicle for singles or a DINK couple. Basically someone who would buy a Tesla but want better quality without any range anxiety, and better dealer support at the cost of not having the latest tech or best acceleration.
I really don’t want a Pacifica Hybrid 😭

If we were to give up the utility of the sliding doors it’s going to be for something faster than our Caravan lol
Highlander Hybrid is similar, maybe a hair faster, but gets wayyyy better mpg (near double), and its not a Chrysler minivan. It will hold great value.

If we were to give up the utility of the sliding doors it’s going to be for something faster than our Caravan lol
Highlander Hybrid goes 0-60 in 7.4 seconds. Caravan is 7.8 seconds. Basically the same.

Pacifica Hybrid is also 7.4 seconds. The new Kia Carnival "MPV" is 7.0 seconds. The Honda Odyssey is 6.7 seconds.

Seems most of these types of vehicles are in the same ballpark performance wise.

Reactions: Ws6
How’s the room in the back? Could a family of 5 (with 3 ever growing boys… send help they’re about to start eating the drywall if I don’t feed them quick enough!) fit in it?
If you compare rear hip room, you do have to go to midsize car based SUV to carry 3 people in the back semi comfortably. Or even a mid size car is significantly wider inside than the RAV4/CRV/etc.. If you don't really need an AWD hybrid, a Prius V is quite a bit wider rear hip room (6") than a RAV4 and has nearly the same cargo space. Less rear leg room though and not nearly as quick, but also a lot cheaper since you can only get used ones in the US now.
My one buddy has 4 kids, 3 in car seats and they still take their quad cab(shorter than a crew) 3rd gen Ram on lots of family day trip just because they can all fit in and still load up lots of stuff in the bed. They have a 2015 Odyssey as well but find the truck is better for some trips with lots of stuff to bring. So maybe just use your truck if its a crewcab?

If you compare rear hip room, you do have to go to midsize car based SUV to carry 3 people in the back semi comfortably. Or even a mid size car is significantly wider inside than the RAV4/CRV/etc.. If you don't really need an AWD hybrid, a Prius V is quite a bit wider rear hip room (6") than a RAV4 and has nearly the same cargo space. Less rear leg room though and not nearly as quick, but also a lot cheaper since you can only get used ones in the US now.
My one buddy has 4 kids, 3 in car seats and they still take their quad cab(shorter than a crew) 3rd gen Ram on lots of family day trip just because they can all fit in and still load up lots of stuff in the bed. They have a 2015 Odyssey as well but find the truck is better for some trips with lots of stuff to bring. So maybe just use your truck if its a crewcab?
I’m just trying to get ideas on what to replace the van with, nothing serious for the next few years, just more curiosity than anything for the time being… there should be more plug in hybrid options later on.

Also… I owe her a new car next time, she still hasn’t really forgiven me for running out to buy graham crackers and milk and coming home in a new truck, sans crackers and milk 😅

3 kids is mini van territory, makes life so much easier. If they were in stock i would suggest looking at one.

I really like my Rav4 Hybrid (not prime). The reality was that the Prime was announced about a week after I bought the standard Hybrid, I likely would have gone with the Prime.

I sure hope GM is paying attention to the Rav4 after spending billions on the Volt line and throwing it away. We have legit car enthusiasts buying Rav4 Primes now. Not just your pocket protector nerd EV buyers.

Big Miss there GM on not building a PHEV crossover like the "blazer" for example would have been perfect as a PHEV built on volt technology. Skipping straight to pure electric is not what many want.

I sure hope GM is paying attention to the Rav4 after spending billions on the Volt line and throwing it away. We have legit car enthusiasts buying Rav4 Primes now. Not just your pocket protector nerd EV buyers.

Big Miss there GM on not building a PHEV crossover like the "blazer" for example would have been perfect as a PHEV built on volt technology. Skipping straight to pure electric is not what many want.
And they actually perform. This is Motortrend testing. One set of numbers is a Stelvio Ti Sport, one is a RAV4 Prime.

0-60 MPH5.5 sec
QUARTER MILE14.1 sec @ 98.7 mph
BRAKING, 60-0 MPH127 ft
LATERAL ACCELERATION0.83 g (avg)
MT FIGURE EIGHT27.0 sec @ 0.65 g (avg)

0-60 MPH5.4 sec
QUARTER MILE14.0 sec @ 97.3 mph
BRAKING, 60-0 MPH127 ft
LATERAL ACCELERATION0.82 g (avg)
MT FIGURE EIGHT26.9 sec @ 0.67 g (avg)

Back