Random Pics From Training Cruises

Few of the better or more interesting pics from my learning our new boat.

The friend and Captain that I am using believes in the deep end/tough love approach to learning, which, while occasionally stressful, I appreciate. Given the typical conditions and situations in Buzzards Bay and the surrounding waters, he is correct. First session was in 2'-4' seas....

I'm enjoying it, but finding maneuvering and docking in a tight marina challenging; 13k lbs and 33' is a big step up from an antique 18' inboard on a lake...and I just learned to drive a boat in late '17.

Some scenery and one of us playing with the big boys;

BB RB 8 2021.jpg

GW S 1 8 2021 (3).jpg

KM 8 2021 (2).jpg

GMR CCC 8 2021.jpg

Last edited:
Nice - do the engines always steer together? I thought I had seen some with a joystick where they did not have to steer together.

Bow thruster?

Twin engines is always better than one. But current and wind can still push the boat around.

Nice - do the engines always steer together? I thought I had seen some with a joystick where they did not have to steer together.

Bow thruster?

Twin engines is always better than one. But current and wind can still push the boat around.
Hi, the boat has the Helmsmaster joystick which will steer and shift the motors independently to the joystick commands or to hold a position, and she has a bow thruster. I have yet to use the joystick, mastering the sticks first, and have had very little use of the thruster. Things break and fuses blow, I have set a certain comfort level I want to achieve with the engines and wheel before I use the joystick. Maybe then I'll also put away the sextant and use the Garmin :)

Nice boat! Love the Grady Whites. I grew up offshore fishing on a 24' Grady. Those things are tanks. In 30 years it will look the same. I know guys on their 3rd set of engines and the boat still looks brand new.

Beautiful! I loved owning our 30' Formula with dual I/O's. Learning to control a boat with dual engines takes a season or two, but once you do, you will never want to go back. Great pics! Enjoy!

Back