Ram 1500 BW44-44 transfer case

Beating a dead horse here. Any updates from anyone running alternative fluids for a while ?

I’ve been searching around and it appears most if not all Mopar brand fluids are currently unavailable due to the strikes.

Mobilfluid LTs website lists it is a suitable replacement for the following requirements.
Caterpillar TO-2
Deere JDM J20D
Vickers 35VQ25

I work at a Cat dealer and my dad works at a Deere dealer so I’m wondering if those fluids would be a suitable service for the T case. Likely easier for me to get since I’m in the business.

Anyone with any experience on those ?

Thanks.

Beating a dead horse here. Any updates from anyone running alternative fluids for a while ?

I’ve been searching around and it appears most if not all Mopar brand fluids are currently unavailable due to the strikes.

Mobilfluid LTs website lists it is a suitable replacement for the following requirements.
Caterpillar TO-2
Deere JDM J20D
Vickers 35VQ25

I work at a Cat dealer and my dad works at a Deere dealer so I’m wondering if those fluids would be a suitable service for the T case. Likely easier for me to get since I’m in the business.

Anyone with any experience on those ?

Thanks.
I'm of the opinion since there are so many recommendations what to use, you can use just about anything..
nothing in that T case but a chain, a pump and a planetary set.

I use ATF4 in mine..

I suspect Mopar or BW monetized the transfer case fluid, and use soe sort of relabelled ATF in the T case..

I'm of the opinion since there are so many recommendations what to use, you can use just about anything..
nothing in that T case but a chain, a pump and a planetary set.

I use ATF4 in mine..

I suspect Mopar or BW monetized the transfer case fluid, and use soe sort of relabelled ATF in the T case..
From another thread, he said he has the auto transfer case, not the manual one.

I agree with you on the manual one. I'm pretty confident to say that the manual ones have Shell Spirax S2 in them.

From another thread, he said he has the auto transfer case, not the manual one.

I agree with you on the manual one. I'm pretty confident to say that the manual ones have Shell Spirax S2 in them.
you mean all wheel drive? or shift on the fly?

Yes, it’s the BW “auto” 4x4 case not just a part time 4x4 lock.

Open to an easier solution vs the factory fluid if someone has proof of running an alternative fluid for some time.

I use 4x4 auto frequently on boat ramps (since this is the only truck I’ve ever had without limited slip) and in rainy/snowy conditions when I need to get moving quickly.

Lots of traffic on my road. So you’ve gotta be able to see your slot and get into it quick or else you’re stuck there.

Back