BW 44-26 ToD transfer box

I have a Korean made truck with Borg Warner 44-26 ToD transfer box made in 08. Have been using ATF for the box , but now I'm thinking about Ravenol BW44 lube. Not sure of this is OK for older TCs as Ravenol does not recommend it. Any thoughts?

What are Borg-Warner's specs for the fluid?
Manufacturers spec is ATF Dexron III, and that is what I'm currently using. But of a 2016 on Ravenol formulated new fluid for Borg Warner transfer cases with clutch system and I wonder if that fluid can be used in earlier transver boxes.

Manufacturers spec is ATF Dexron III, and that is what I'm currently using. But of a 2016 on Ravenol formulated new fluid for Borg Warner transfer cases with clutch system and I wonder if that fluid can be used in earlier transver boxes.
The Ravenol would be good. Personally, unless the T-case is seeing abuse(heavy off-road or used as a work truck), you can get away with Dexron VI ATF or Valvoline’s T-case fluid.

I know Toyota uses a similar BW T-case on the 2014-2021 Tundra and calls for an esoteric Toyota Transfer Oil LF 75W.

Back