Raising man's best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the chewed furniture, stolen socks, and unexpected vet bills, raising a (smaller "large" dog) puppy has been a lot of fun. We got her almost a year ago. In that time she's grown from 15 lbs to 60, and we've been able to see her personality grow and develop. She's a member of the family. Consistency and correcting her in a timely manner have contributed to how she's turned out.

Now that she's almost a year old, it might be time for a little sister...

Consistency and exercise are key IMO. Any dog can be trained to obedient and well mannered. It just takes the right master and the right amount dedication.

Congratulations!

Having an older well trained dog around while your training/acclimating a new puppy makes it easier in my opinion.

I have a 6 year old female Terrier Pit, And just got a 4 month old female Terrier Pit a couple weeks ago, Already 80% house broke, A few hiccups after she was fixed, the anesthesia the vet gives them makes them goofy I guess.

Stock up on chew toys! Every time you catch them chewing on any thing else, Put a chew toy in their mouth, Mine loves anything that squeaks when they bite down!

Exercise is a very important factor, For my Pits...Even more so, A tired dog is a good dog....And they sleep all night as a bonus!

Originally Posted By: mewisemagic
What's the breed?

We're not sure since she's a rescue. Now that she's grown, we're leaning toward a pointer/lab mix. Doesn't retrieve very well, but sure likes to point at stuff.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Originally Posted By: mewisemagic
What's the breed?

We're not sure since she's a rescue. Now that she's grown, we're leaning toward a pointer/lab mix. Doesn't retrieve very well, but sure likes to point at stuff.

Better than barking at stuff, particularly at nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back