Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
My radio won't hold the numbers
frown.gif

I set button 1 to 99.9 then go to button 2 and set it to 101.5
Go back to button 1 and it's not 99.9....

I'm doing everything right.. what's goign on?

Is the memory working? Are all the buttons doing the same thing? When you turn off the radio or the car, does it go back to the same station when back on?

1991 pontiac grand prix, 3.1l.
Factory radio system.
Memory dosen't seem to work, all buttons do their job but don't save the station. And no it dosen't go back to the station I was on

I owned it for 2 years and have had it preset for a long time. Pressed 1 button the other day and it was 88.3. which is now default for all of the buttons.

wapacz I take it your implying im and idiot or something?
I don't go "I don't know how to use my radio prease tell me how to set it"
There is a mechanical problem I cannot solve and you probably can't ither

No I just go after the simplest answer first. Was just making sure that you didn't just pick up that car and it have a radio you have never used before. If you read it as me call you stupid, well I am sorry about, probably from how much I have been helping people with computer lately and how it usually turns out to be a simple solution like hey your wireless is off.

I had a '90 Cutlass Ciera with the factor radio/cassette player and what your describing is the start of the slow death. Mine did that and then "other" things started happening as well. Eventually is just going to go out.

im all for frugality but if you care about the quality of music you listen too at all go grab a new head unit and a new set of speakers while youre at it. that cars from 1991, you got youre mileage out of the stereo system. put it to rest and enjoy some new cones to blow youre eardrums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back