Radiator stop leak in oil

Ok, I know this is stupid. I have radiator stop leak in the oil of my 2003 GMC Yukon. It was late at night and dark at my workplace parking lot and I reach for a new container of engine ring sealer. I didn’t realize that there was a container of stop leak in the car. I should have known as soon as I poured it into the oil that it was not ring sealer because ring sealer is a thick as molasses and the container emptied to fast. But I didn’t realize it until I started the engine and immediately the bell sounded, and the pop-up stated low oil pressure. It took about a week for me to have the Yukon towed to Jiffy Lube. They were the only ones that said they could do an engine oil flush by adding solvent and pumping it out. It didn’t work. I them drove it about two miles to my local mechanic and he said there was probably nothing that could be feasibly done to fix the engine. He said he had known of someone years ago that use Coked cola to clean a cars lifters and it supposably worked. What the heck, I bought the Coke. It didn’t work. Still no oil pressure. Anything that can be done. Could it be a sensor problem? The Yukon has 200,000 miles on it and is in rough shape otherwise, so it is not worth much., but is a good spare car to have around. HELP!!
Tom

Radiator stop leak usually contains abrasive materials not much different from the stuff they poured into the oil of cars to render them permanently inoperable for cash for clunkers. The engine is likely completely screwed.

I'd sue your workplace for inadequate lighting! Kidding - drop oil pan and clean the screen and it prob ably clogged the oil pressure sensor too.

My advice is just to grab a jug of cheap dino oil and a filter, and do an oil change asap. For kicks, use high mileage oil, the cheapest brand Walmart sells.

Ok, I know this is stupid. I have radiator stop leak in the oil of my 2003 GMC Yukon. It was late at night and dark at my workplace parking lot and I reach for a new container of engine ring sealer. I didn’t realize that there was a container of stop leak in the car. I should have known as soon as I poured it into the oil that it was not ring sealer because ring sealer is a thick as molasses and the container emptied to fast. But I didn’t realize it until I started the engine and immediately the bell sounded, and the pop-up stated low oil pressure. It took about a week for me to have the Yukon towed to Jiffy Lube. They were the only ones that said they could do an engine oil flush by adding solvent and pumping it out. It didn’t work. I them drove it about two miles to my local mechanic and he said there was probably nothing that could be feasibly done to fix the engine. He said he had known of someone years ago that use Coked cola to clean a cars lifters and it supposably worked. What the heck, I bought the Coke. It didn’t work. Still no oil pressure. Anything that can be done. Could it be a sensor problem? The Yukon has 200,000 miles on it and is in rough shape otherwise, so it is not worth much., but is a good spare car to have around. HELP!!
Tom
I assume that your punctuation is incorrect and that you're asking a question here.

Yes - something can be done. Actually a few somethings ...
- donate the vehicle to a worthy charity of your choice and get a tax-deductable smile for helping those more unfortunate than you
- keep driving it until it dies on the roadside
- replace the oil sensor and see if that magically makes the problem go away
- remove the engine and tear it down for component replacement or a full reman

Your choice. Assuming that everything you've said is accurate, there's pretty much nothing a BITOGer can do to fix your "stupid" mistake.

I'd try dumping the oil and filter, and having a look at the oil sending unit, it might be clogged up. Use cheap oil and a cheap filter for the oil change. Run the car a few minutes, change the oil and filter again and hope for the best. If that fails @dnewton3 had some good suggestions. ;)

Something sounds fishy about this very first post from this new member. Maybe it’s just me
Former member engineer20 (and other names) had some good ones. Here is one of the best:

Former member engineer20 (and other names) had some good ones. Here is one of the best:

Ah, now I get the powerbait reference you mentioned earlier. Lol, I do use some of the Berkeley powerbait bass fishing baits and I thought that was what you were referring too but was like ??

It probably clogged the oil pressure sending unit, the rest is probably in the filter. If it has been running a week showing low/no oil pressure and the rods have not come out of it yet you might be okay.
It has not been running. It sat for a week before I had it towed to Jiffy Lube.

I assume that your punctuation is incorrect and that you're asking a question here.

Yes - something can be done. Actually a few somethings ...
- donate the vehicle to a worthy charity of your choice and get a tax-deductable smile for helping those more unfortunate than you
- keep driving it until it dies on the roadside
- replace the oil sensor and see if that magically makes the problem go away
- remove the engine and tear it down for component replacement or a full reman

Your choice. Assuming that everything you've said is accurate, there's pretty much nothing a BITOGer can do to fix your "stupid" mistake.
Yep, that was a question. I left off the question mark.

Back