Liquimoly Radiator Stop Leak

4 mos and no leaks and no adverse impacts aka blocked rad or heater core on the Sportwagen. I added a bottle to my Atlas as well but that ended up getting a new water pump under warranty.

Nice to hear you’ve had no adverse effects. Especially with how easily vags like to block heater cores. Their is a TPI for the leaking thermostats and you basically have to show exactly what part of the set up is leaking with a vin tag in the photo. Makes it very hard to claim anything that’s not leaking when tested. Can be very annoying for a tech when you have a part that’s covered in white dried coolant and obviously has a issue.

Nice to hear you’ve had no adverse effects. Especially with how easily vags like to block heater cores. Their is a TPI for the leaking thermostats and you basically have to show exactly what part of the set up is leaking with a vin tag in the photo. Makes it very hard to claim anything that’s not leaking when tested. Can be very annoying for a tech when you have a part that’s covered in white dried coolant and obviously has a issue.
100% and what happened to me - dried coolant all over....no go b/c didn't leak down during test. Whatever....just went out of the 72K warranty and the LM stuff works. No reason for anything to get blocked up with this stuff.

From what I have seen it is flush stuff that is an issue with heater cores.
But be careful with that water pump on the track. That is ticking bomb.
Check whether GRAF has all aluminum pump for GEN3.

From what I have seen it is flush stuff that is an issue with heater cores.
But be careful with that water pump on the track. That is ticking bomb.
Check whether GRAF has all aluminum pump for GEN3.
I'll likely be having this stuff replaced during an upgrade in the next year and will be looking at the options.

@TiGeo Curious if you have another update on the LM Stop Leak? I'm considering using the same product to address a radiator leak on my E90:

@TiGeo Curious if you have another update on the LM Stop Leak? I'm considering using the same product to address a radiator leak on my E90:

I had my water pump replaced but it did seem to stop it for several months before it started again and I had it replaced.

I still don't like stop leak, but good to see that it works. I've read too many stories about some kind of heavy duty stop leak resembling tar coming out of it's hiding place and plugging a brand new heater core/thermostat/etc

I came across this amusing video from LM South Africa in my research of LM Stop Leak:

+1 on an amazing product, have used it. What worked for me was 3-4 times after initial application when done driving was to relieve pressure from coolant cap, so engine cooled non-pressurized

Back