R.I.P. Police Officer Melvin Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, we see yet another police officer killed in the line of duty. What is even more unfortunate is that the "cop killer" is being given tremendous respect by the community, even having a memorial resurrected in his memory. He was wanted in connection with a homicide, and then killed a police officer. The officer was a rookie but well-respected and "dreamed of being a police officer" since he was a boy. R.I.P. Officer Santiago.
If you so desire, please visit http://www.odmp.org/officer/22135-police-officer-melvin-santiago and leave him and his family a note. It means the world to the family when they see not only strangers, but strangers from across our country pay their respect to not only an LEO, but their son. God bless and stay safe everyone.

Terrible tragedy. The community support disgusts me. Once again the thin blue line has to close ranks. Bless you all and be safe.

Originally Posted By: Inspecktor
Unbelievable- I saw the story of the killer's wife wishing he could have killed more cops before he died.

She has since apologized and has said she will love her dead husband until she dies. I do not blame her for being emotional. She met her husband on her high school graduation day and has been with him since.

Her husband on the other hand was very selfish.

Brave man just doing his job, he asked for the "baddest part of town" when he got the robbery call (job) he was there in minutes to help protect the people of Jersey City. God Bless Officer Santiago his Family and friends And all the wonderful Brothers And Sisters of the JCPD and all L.E.O.

What one speaks is what is true from the heart. She just didn't like going public in that image. IMHO, she is as much a dog as her husband.

Absolutely. It is a shame, but the suspect will get his judgment. Even more than what he received on this earth. God bless you brother.

She said she wished he killed more cops? What a piece of [censored]. hope they both rot in [censored]. my sympathy to any family of slain officers.

Big news on the NJ stations. Disgusting really. One friend of mine had a father on the JCPD. Could have been his.

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
What one speaks is what is true from the heart. She just didn't like going public in that image. IMHO, she is as much a dog as her husband.

Well. When you lose someone close to you at the hand of your fellow man your first reaction is to lash out at the party you feel is responsible.

This is not very different then your obvious spite for her. She did nothing wrong. All she has done was react to the news of losing the love of her life suddenly for no good reason.

Requiscat in pace. Amen. Into the Lord's hands, we commend his spirit. Do not waste your thoughts upon the murderer's survivors & what they say or think. Such is not our concern. Let us turn our minds & hearts to the fallen comrade's family & what they must be suffering right now. May they be given the strength that they need to face each day.

John.

Wow, 6 months on the job. What does it say about the society we live in when the murderer is garnering any respect at all, and given a memorial. Shame.

Originally Posted By: Donald
What a shame. Too many crazy people with guns.

The perp stole the weapon from the armed private guard after severely beating him, prior to robbing the pharmacy.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Wow, 6 months on the job. What does it say about the society we live in when the murderer is garnering any respect at all, and given a memorial. Shame.

I'm certainly not defending this perpetrators choice in respect to killing an officer of the law however who says he wasn't a good guy in his neighbourhood and took care of people close to him.
A persons arrest record doesn't define them as a person. I know many men who've done bad things however they weren't bad men as a whole.
Judge not lest ye be judged.

Originally Posted By: bvance554

I am not surprised. Read some of the quotes from those interviewed. There is a mistrust of law enforcement officers in Jersey City. Many members on here have posted the same sentiment, referring to peace officers as the largest street gang in the United States.

I can understand this point of view look at the remarks of some of the law enforcement in retaliation to the wife's comments. If you act out in retaliation to the emotional words of grieving widow how can I trust that you have the integrity to fulfill your commitment to protect and serve the public.

If you are in the position of serving the people and enforcing the laws of the country you can not be spiteful and should appear to be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back