QuikTrip's additive

Deo

Anyone know who supplies QuikTrip's Top Tier additive? It's something I've been curious about for a very long time. I often wonder if it might be Oronite, since Chevron and QT simultaneously ushered in the TT standard in 2004.

Last edited:
I’d like to know more as well. Not just about QT. Maybe someone from Oronite can do a live chat here?
It’s a mystery to me since there seem to be many more gasoline brands than fuel additive suppliers.

No way of knowing unless one has the proprietary information that was submitted to Top Tier. All they're required to do is use an additive for at least a specified concentration that's been tested at such concentration to meet the testing standard. I'm guessing it's also considered acceptable to have a choice of different additives to use that meet the Top Tier testing requirements for the same brand. But for the most part they would buy an off the shelf additive.

There probably isn't that much of a need for different suppliers other than a competitive marketplace. Obviously there's Chevron Oronite, Lubrizol, Afton, BASF, etc. I do find it interesting that two "Invigorate" additives are listed under BASF, where that seemed to be the trademark that BP used. But there's also "BP Amoco LTS" from Innospec.

If @GoldDot40 were still around he might be able to comment on that. Not necessarily the actual additives, but whether QT just used more of the regular additive they already put in it.

Might have even commented about it here:

If @GoldDot40 were still around he might be able to comment on that. Not necessarily the actual additives, but whether QT just used more of the regular additive they already put in it.

Some of these additives do "scale" depending on concentration. I would think there would be the test results targeted for EPA minimums and for Top Tier. However, it's my understanding that the "generic" one used can vary depending on the fuel depot.

A fully scalable additive with EPA and TOP TIER™ certification, HiTEC® 65500 delivers powerful keep-clean and clean-up performance at cost effective treat rates.​

That thread is BITOG Gold.

Back