Quickstruts and my 2007 Escape....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 95busa
Sounds like you might have some worn end links too.

End links have already been replaced. They are fine.

The hardest part will be breaking the loose the bolts that tie the strut to the brake/wheel bearing assembly. You'll either need a breaker bar or impact. I put Monroe's on the Focus and it's not bad.. you may need a jack to lower and raise the assembly above could be heavy.

Need to change the struts out on the front of our Escape.. not sure what brand I'll use yet. You did a good thing with the whole assembly's. The springs are actually weak stock and over time the front end sags. I would recommend a alignment..although if you've never had one might just be ok since it should be close to the stock from factory height.

(Edit.. actually since your's is a 2.3L it won't sag as much as the 3.0L's)

after watching a video on the replacement on youtube, I'm thinking I'll pay to get it done. I don't think I'm equipped to handle something going wrong or dealing with stuck/broken bolts. I just need to find a place that will install at a reasonable price.

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
The hardest part will be breaking the loose the bolts that tie the strut to the brake/wheel bearing assembly. You'll either need a breaker bar or impact. I put Monroe's on the Focus and it's not bad.. you may need a jack to lower and raise the assembly above could be heavy.

Need to change the struts out on the front of our Escape.. not sure what brand I'll use yet. You did a good thing with the whole assembly's. The springs are actually weak stock and over time the front end sags. I would recommend a alignment..although if you've never had one might just be ok since it should be close to the stock from factory height.

(Edit.. actually since your's is a 2.3L it won't sag as much as the 3.0L's)

At least a 1/2" ratchet. I snap broke a 3/8" ratchet when I use it to break loose the strut to knuckle / control arm bolts.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
At least a 1/2" ratchet. I snap broke a 3/8" ratchet when I use it to break loose the strut to knuckle / control arm bolts.

Jeez, at least. Better yet, a good 1/2" breaker bar and some pipe.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: PandaBear

Jeez, at least. Better yet, a good 1/2" breaker bar and some pipe.

That's back then when I though Lifetime Warranty means as long as the socket fit.....

Originally Posted By: badtlc
after watching a video on the replacement on youtube, I'm thinking I'll pay to get it done. I don't think I'm equipped to handle something going wrong or dealing with stuck/broken bolts. I just need to find a place that will install at a reasonable price.

You sure? Since you're in KC I know where a impact, breaker bar and couple jack stands are. With the impact probably won't take no time at all.

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith

You sure? Since you're in KC I know where a impact, breaker bar and couple jack stands are. With the impact probably won't take no time at all.

If it was tools I owned, it would be possible but my time is severely limited. WIth it being the wife's daily driver, I can't afford something to happen and have it non operable for more than a few hours during a day which would include the time to get it aligned.

So it was $155 for labor to install both quick struts and they did a 2nd alignment for free, yay. I like the firmer ride of the KYB so far. Thanks for the suggestion Trav.

So it was $155 for labor to install both quick struts and they did a 2nd alignment for free, yay.

For me the labor would have been free for installing the quick struts and the alignment would have been $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back