Quick Reply to your application any indication of job possibility?

Hi all,

I've been really hitting the job postings trying to find something that pays better, and is more interesting than my current job. I applied for a Technical writer job yesterday that is for a space satellite company. Now I do have some background in technical writing and documentation when I worked for the airline with Animals on the Tail hint hint. I received a response and an inquiry for more information based on ten questions sent to me. I don't think I've ever had a turn around on a job application this fast especially considering yesterday was Sunday. Is this a good sign, or a sign that nobody applied, or a sign that they can't find quality candidates?

If you were a diesel mechanic familiar with OBDll troubleshooting, I could get you a $100,000/year job tomorrow.
Wow have the times changed. My dad went into diesel mechanics in high school and some college. By the early 80's the pay was barely anything hence his foray into software and computers. Right now firewall software can be over $250k a year.

This is the sign of a company with a really good Talent Acquisition team. Nothing more, nothing less.

Source: I am the Talent Manager for a good sized company

Only jobs i have ever gotten were from companies that replied back quickly. Just be careful because a lot of jobs send out automatic questionnaire to applicants and that doesn’t necessarily indicate they are interested in you.

Only jobs i have ever gotten were from companies that replied back quickly. Just be careful because a lot of jobs send out automatic questionnaire to applicants and that doesn’t necessarily indicate they are interested in you.
Very true, we can setup our system so that if you apply then 2 minutes later it sends out information to you.

Hi all,

I've been really hitting the job postings trying to find something that pays better, and is more interesting than my current job. I applied for a Technical writer job yesterday that is for a space satellite company. Now I do have some background in technical writing and documentation when I worked for the airline with Animals on the Tail hint hint. I received a response and an inquiry for more information based on ten questions sent to me. I don't think I've ever had a turn around on a job application this fast especially considering yesterday was Sunday. Is this a good sign, or a sign that nobody applied, or a sign that they can't find quality candidates?

To me that’s good sign, you got the knowledge.

Good luck with job.

What are you currently doing / career field ?

To me that’s good sign, you got the knowledge.

Good luck with job.

What are you currently doing / career field ?
Unfortunately security. I work with people that SHOULDN'T be in that field. Namely with a guy who repeatedly mentions he "wasn't paying attention " and has "no idea what's going on. " He should have been let go months ago but apparently an inept body gets you employment.

Looks like the contact that I spoke with daid my responses were great... However the job requires a current secret security clearance no exception but he noted my info as a "Great future candidate " for the recruiters or other employees.

It would seem that if a job required the applicant to currently hold a security clearance then they would have posted that in description. They can weed out a lot of applicants with that one requirement.

Likely part of workflow of the web application. It might attempt a scan of keyword or a person skimmed it or simply next step in workflow.

HR departments are run by women, so your WOKE score based on your answers instead of suitability for the job will determine if you get a callback or not. Instead of a male Euro mutt 93.7% chimpanzee I now identify as a black transsexual migrant refugee in a wheelchair.

For my current job I applied on a Sunday night, phone rang about 9am Monday for an interview at 3pm, walked in shut the door they told me I was hired and tell them what my favorite car was and then we just chatted about cars lol. Easiest interview I’ve done in my life. Besides pay it’s a great company and job for me.

HR departments are run by women, so your WOKE score based on your answers instead of suitability for the job will determine if you get a callback or not. Instead of a male Euro mutt 93.7% chimpanzee I now identify as a black transsexual migrant refugee in a wheelchair.
This. My sister works for Amex and it's bad. My grandfathers mom was 100% Cherokee. So I definitely add that in. My cousin a number of years ago even received a scholarship. I don't look native American at all.

For my current job I applied on a Sunday night, phone rang about 9am Monday for an interview at 3pm, walked in shut the door they told me I was hired and tell them what my favorite car was and then we just chatted about cars lol. Easiest interview I’ve done in my life. Besides pay it’s a great company and job for me.
That is bonkers wow

Unless you're a Russian or Chinese mole getting you a security clearance is easy enough and wouldn't take that long if the position really mattered.

Why not go back into the aviation industry ?
I'm looking at my options definitely since I'm an eaa chapter president and serve on the airport advisory board. United is really picking up along with jobs posted to DIA. It's now the fourth busiest airport in North America and 20th in the world. A fourth concourse is being built. Anyone have any connections? Send me a message

Most companies have a Recruiting or Talent Acquisition department and a separate HR department. If a company is using an HR person to recruit they will likely never hire anyone.

Back