Quick Lube prices... !?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For 3.5L V6 2GR-FE: Six Quart Mobil 1 5W30 or Toyota Synthetic 0W20 with genuine Toyota oil filter $61.95 before tax AND ... they let you watch at BobTylerToyota.com Pensacola. Cheaper than most QuickLubes.

They occasionally send out coupons for 4 cyl (5qt) 0W20 oil changes for $39.95.

Apples to oranges on dealer vs quick-lube. I've seen dealers in my area do 14.99 oil changes. This is not a $15 oil change in most cases. It's an opportunity to inspect the vehicle, run the VIN, and sell other services. A former co-worker of mine asked "where is the best place to get an oil change?". I told her the dealership, but be ready to get an estimate of $500-1000 in repairs that jeapordize your children. She did. $1375 if IIRC...

Not that there is anything wrong with required maintenance, but the items on here quote were a little ridiculous.

Before retirement, Walmart did many oil changes for me. They never tried to upsell anything. They weren't on commission.

Our local Wal*Mart is:

19.88 Quaker State conv. Just the basic oil, filter, chassis lube(supposedly) and tire pressure check

31.88 Penn. Conv. In addition to ^ , vacuum, wash windshield, top of fluids( washer fluid, trans, & power steering)

45.88 Penn./Castrol HM Includes same as 31.88 package extras.

54.88 Penn./Castrol/Mobil Syn. Also includes same extras as 31.88 package.

All of these are bulk prices. Bottled prices are 5$ more per package.

There's a Chevy dealer here in Phoenix that has for years had $8.88 oil changes, after taxes and fees it comes out to around $15. I used to take my moms car there a few years ago for oil changes, when I got the car back I would look down and see a shiny new AC Delco oil filter and when I pulled the dipstick it was clean oil, that's all I cared about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back