Even the budget oils are popping up everywhere..

Status
Not open for further replies.
peakoil on sale at pimidastores $9.99 for five quart jug.only 10/30 and 5/30.but what the heck my hundais recomend 5/20 but state you can use the other two depending on the temp.up here in the north country old timers still use nothing but 10/30 anyway even in their new cars.

Well, without going to Walmart- For syn around here I could get (and it cannot be on sale):

Peak syn 5t jug at AAP @ 22.99

Service Pro full syn 4.99/qt x5 @ 24.95

For bad for regular prices...just sayin.

I picked up 12 quarts of Peak, Full Synthetic, 5w-20, SN GF-5 at Advance Auto for $2.95 a quart today.

IMO...better than going to Walmart for SuperTech Full Synthetic in the 5 quart Jug.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
I picked up 12 quarts of Peak, Full Synthetic, 5w-20, SN GF-5 at Advance Auto for $2.95 a quart today.

IMO...better than going to Walmart for SuperTech Full Synthetic in the 5 quart Jug.

Very nice..think I'm going to grab a few for my Bro's Caliber.

Peak seems to be another mover as well..

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Well, without going to Walmart- For syn around here I could get (and it cannot be on sale):

hey dave, if you are near a Meijer, the regular price for the meijer brand syn (made by citgo) 5qt jug is $14.99 (IIRC - been a couple days since i was down the oil aisle)

Just thought I'd point out, my local WM is redoing their oil section.....seems to occur about every 6-12 months or so.....likely due to "season change" and such....they've already gotten rid of the SuperTech filters ;( That was a big loss.....I asked the "department manager" and she said they were all "recalled" - dont know if they were really "recalled" as defective.....or if Walmart just wanted them "off the shelf" - cause I offered to buy the 3614s she had left....but she said she couldn't sell them since they were locked out for sale from the terminal..

But yea, went in yesterday and now they got "ACCEL" 10W-30 on the shelves now.....and get THIS, it's actually "SN" rated
wink.gif
API, Resource Conserving too even.....there was a "tag" for a 10W-40, I asked her about it, said it was all out of stock.....but she confirmed that it was an "SJ" rated oil.....for "classic cars" - so that's kind of cool, they got something else other than just the ACCEL Non-Detergent "SA" Straight 30 :p Add some more players to the field.....If I can ever snag some, I may go with the 10W-40 this summer....even though my 88 Aries specs a 5W-30...have been reading on AllPar, of many people running their K Cars with 40 weights.....[censored], some even 15W-40....but don't know about that heavy
smile.gif
This engine has low mileage anyways, just hit 50k on it.

Originally Posted By: earlyre

hey dave, if you are near a Meijer, the regular price for the meijer brand syn (made by citgo) 5qt jug is $14.99 (IIRC - been a couple days since i was down the oil aisle)

I think it's 20 bucks up here...

Originally Posted By: earlyre

I think it's 20 bucks up here...

In oil asile right now, you are correct dave, $20.29 for full syn(API SN). $14.29 for high mileage(API SL), $11.99 for conventional(API SN).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back