Quick Filter Comparison (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. Three P1's now $10 at AAP with BIG5 rated 99.9% efficient @ 20um. No contest. Stock up on the best bang for the buck, don't settle.
thumbsup2.gif

And some NPS's now use "ARCO's" rubber grommet thingy combo valve . Efficiency unknown. Pass.

Surprised though the Classic has less pleats/media area than P1 in the same application. Same number of pleats and media area in PL and L14610, PL and L14459.
21.gif

some of us dont have aap. if i want a purolator i have to get it from the net. closest thing i can get is a bosch or M1 and they aint cheap.

P1's on sale at Amazon for $5, not as great a deal, but fairly good for a solid filters.

fyi, Bosch Premium, a P1 clone sold at AZ (~$6.50) can be substituted for Fram TG, in oil/filter promos.

If you ordered enough from AAP you can get free shipping, not all P1's of course, but combined with a large order.

But you're right, not having an AAP with all great online codes currently available is a bummer.

Sayjac, It's funny you say that. I used that exact deal at AAP the other day. With that deal, the P1's are pretty much impossible to beat.
11.gif

I have seen that big rubber grommet adbv thing and I don't like it one bit. The only thing I can say is that I have only seen them on filters that are for imports. I only have to maintain 1 import and with the way ford and GM have turned their quality around in the past year, I don't see myself ever owning an import.
34.gif

P.S. Like my new sig?

Originally Posted By: sayjac
P1's on sale at Amazon for $5, not as great a deal, but fairly good for a solid filters.

fyi, Bosch Premium, a P1 clone sold at AZ (~$6.50) can be substituted for Fram TG, in oil/filter promos.

If you ordered enough from AAP you can get free shipping, not all P1's of course, but combined with a large order.

But you're right, not having an AAP with all great online codes currently available is a bummer.

thats pretty awesome, ill have to ask my az about it!
but i figured out how to get the pure ones for 3.40 shipped from aap... with some other things ofcoarse but i got deals on that stuff too!! you cant beat $6 for a purolator fuel filter, or 9 for a purolator airfilter with free shipping. great store wish i had one near

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
I saw a boat load of Pure1 filters on sale for $6 at a K-Mart after tax. Good price?
Not if you live in Atlanta as your profile says. P1's are $5 online at AAP right now without any online ordering codes, and instore pick up. With BIG5, 3 for $10 or P30, 30% off any order, 2 P1's for $7.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
I saw a boat load of Pure1 filters on sale for $6 at a K-Mart after tax. Good price?
Not if you live in Atlanta as your profile says. P1's are $5 online at AAP right now without any online ordering codes, and instore pick up. With BIG5, 3 for $10 or P30, 30% off any order, 2 P1's for $7.

Thanks, I did this route. Just needed one for now @ $4, but hopefully they have codes still valid if I choose P1 later for my other vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back