Questions about UCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Don't forget that car Mfrs. recommend early oil changes with high alcohol fuels.
And alcohol vs. gasoline as a lube for the pump is a no brainer.

Subjective observations, no?

Q.

Don't forget that car Mfrs. recommend early oil changes with high alcohol fuels.
And alcohol vs. gasoline as a lube for the pump is a no brainer.

I don't understand. Are modern fuel pumps lubricated by fuel or simply fuel-cooled? How much less lubrous is E10 compared to E0?

Last edited:
In tank pumps are cooled ambiently from their outside and internally. Both mediums are fuel.

I don't get Quest's comment about being subjective.
Some car manuals state that high alcohol fueled vehicles should change the oil more frequently.
Gasoline is a better lube than alcohol. What is the doubt or question about this?

Quest is pointing out the fact that some "flex fuel" vehicles have "stricter" or "severe service" maintenance schedule(s) outlined for vehicles that use more than 10% ethanol laced fuel.....

In tank pumps are cooled ambiently from their outside and internally. Both mediums are fuel.

I don't get Quest's comment about being subjective.
Some car manuals state that high alcohol fueled vehicles should change the oil more frequently.
Gasoline is a better lube than alcohol. What is the doubt or question about this?

More specifically, I was asking those who use UCL to "lube the pump" - why? Are there any fuel pumps that are fuel lubricated?

Yes - they all are fuel lubricated. [FI types -not carb types]

It is the main reason I use MMO or 2 stroke oil in the fuel.
Anything else good is a plus.

Yes - they all are fuel lubricated. [FI types -not carb types]

It is the main reason I use MMO or 2 stroke oil in the fuel.
Anything else good is a plus.

I guess I always assumed they were sealed and self-lubricated, and fuel-cooled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back