Questions about my Expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
Just out of curiosity, what would happen if I added friction modifier to a differential that didn't require it?

Your wallet will be a little lighter but you won't get any mechanical damage.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by robbobster:

quote:

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if I added friction modifier to a differential that didn't require it?

Your wallet will be a little lighter but you won't get any mechanical damage.
cheers.gif

Well, in that case, I'll just use Mobil 1 75w140 gear oil that already has friction modifier in it(if I can find it anywhere). Thanks for your reply, robbobster!
smile.gif

FWIW, since I can't locate M1 75w140, I'm going to use Amsoil 75w140 gear oil. It's cheaper than the Valvoline 75w140 that I found.

I'll probably do this in the next couple of weeks.

quote:

FWIW, since I can't locate M1 75w140, I'm going to use Amsoil 75w140 gear oil. It's cheaper than the Valvoline 75w140 that I found.

I'll probably do this in the next couple of weeks.

If you are going to order the Amsoil and pay for shipping or even if you buy it locally and have to pay sales tax why not check out MolaKules Specialty formulations 75W-140 gear lube. It's a great lube at a reasonable price, even with shipping. You'll use almost 1 gallon to fill the rear diff to the fill hole. SF offers 1 gallon for less than purchasing 4 individual quarts. Give them a chance. I've been more than pleased with their diff and tranny fluids in my F-150 and I'm ordering more shortly for the wife's Explorer and my Ford Contour.

Whimsey

quote:

Originally posted by Whimsey:
If you are going to order the Amsoil and pay for shipping or even if you buy it locally and have to pay sales tax why not check out MolaKules Specialty formulations 75W-140 gear lube....
Whimsey

An auto repair shop near me has Amsoil 75w140 gear oil on the shelf, so I won't have to order it.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back