questions about disability, and any pointers, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
And SSD income isn't like winning the lottery either. Own more than one vehicle? Can't get it. Stocks? IRA? Investments? Can't get it. Have more than 2K in your accounts? Can't get it.

My health is such that I was premptively awarded SSD about three months ago. That means that though they didn't make the final decision, they gave it to me.

A recent letter stated that I meet the medical requirements. It took nine statements from seven different doctors/hospitals for that. They haven't determined if I meet the non medical requirements yet. I suspect that relates to how much money I have, investments if any, pretty much what I mentioned in the first paragraph.

Disabled at 50....... Yea me...........

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trajan
And SSD income isn't like winning the lottery either. Own more than one vehicle? Can't get it. Stocks? IRA? Investments? Can't get it. Have more than 2K in your accounts? Can't get it

This isnt exactly true.If you have signed up for and gotten SSD,someone isnt telling you the truth.

SSD and SSI are not the same things.SSD is not as strict about what you can and cant own.You can even work if you are able while drawing SSD but it is limited to how much you can make etc.

SSI is more strict and you cant own much of anything and you cant have stocks or anything that can give you an income.You can not work and get SSI.

If you get SSD,you draw a check based on how much you have paid into Social Security and can be as high as high as $1,500 a month,maybe more.

SSI is limited to a certain amount each month and is different in each state as to what that amount is.The basic rate for SSI is $674 a month.The amount you draw from SSI is not based on what is paid into SS.

SSI is usually for those that have not paid enough into Social Security to get SSD,since they havent,they get SSI.SSD is from the Social Security that you have paid in over the years.

A person can have enough SS to retire on but not have enough to get disability with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back