Questionable Recipes and Concoctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twinkies and mustard.
grin2.gif

I like fresh or frozen sliced okra and sliced green tomatoes cooked together. I sprinkle a small amount of salt on the tomatoes and okra and let set about 5 min. and then coat with a mixture corn meal and flour and fry in a small amount of oil until browned and crisp.

When I was a kid I ate occasionally fried liver and onions. I remember the taste -- it was delicious. I also used to eat liverwurst and pâté. Now I don't want to eat organs -- not even with a bottle of chianti. Go figure.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
When I was a kid I ate occasionally fried liver and onions. I remember the taste -- it was delicious. I also used to eat liverwurst and pâté. Now I don't want to eat organs -- not even with a bottle of chianti. Go figure.

Liver, thinly sliced, soaked in milk, floured and fried, and served on a nice toast makes a great breakfast...might make it one day soon, when better half is over her bronchitis, she gets all heavey when I make it.

floured and fried with bacon and onion with a bit of gravy is very very nice.

About once a year, someone brings it to work for a mass lunch.

My grandma used to finish her fried chicken livers and onions with Grand Marnier. It's one of the best things you've ever had.

Originally Posted By: hr1940

I like fresh or frozen sliced okra and sliced green tomatoes cooked together. I sprinkle a small amount of salt on the tomatoes and okra and let set about 5 min. and then coat with a mixture corn meal and flour and fry in a small amount of oil until browned and crisp.

Fried green tomatoes are mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good! I like the little bitterness they have.

Developed this recipe myself.

Here you go:

Shore Lunch batter mix, lemon Pppper & parmesan cheese with EVOO & butter on Walleye in alunimum foil on the grill........

Extreme ----->
20.gif

I'm heading up to WI in July for a family reunion and some fishing with my uncle. I can't wait for the first of many fish fries. Perch, oh my perch. I will be devouring you little tasty morsels!

Perch taste exactly the same as walleyes.

Use my homemade recipe on the bottom of the last page!

When it comes to fish fries, at least at my uncles house, we don't stray from the big man's way! He might hoard the beers and perch to himself.

But I'm sure I'll be bringing a cooler full of perch, walleye, maybe some smallies if we can get some, back home. I'll try that recipe TPitcher.
20.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back